PAstringking 28-Oct-14
bb 28-Oct-14
Fuzzy 29-Oct-14
Fuzzy 29-Oct-14
Fuzzy 29-Oct-14
05-Jan-14
Going to Newfoundland i 14 any tips on travel and gear

05-Jan-14
Rain gear and lacrosse alpha burley boots.

05-Jan-14
Going oct 3 , cold weather rain gear or just good rain gear,I will check on the boots. Driving so should a person hit the ferry a day early in case of delays ?

05-Jan-14
You should hit the Ferry a day early, delays are a good possibility. When there is strong winds, the Ferry will not go into port in Port aux basques as the entrance to the harbor is very tight. They will ride it out off shore or they will delay departure.

I would bring clothes for both warm and cold conditions. I hunted the last days of sept this year and beginning of OCT and the temps were in the 80's and blue skies. I like the lightweight rain gear that is not insulated. That way I have more flexibility with temps. Good comfortable knee high rubber boots that you can walk long distance in without blistering your feet. Two pairs would be preferable so you can rotate them and let one pair dry. I bring multiple merino wool base layer shirts that I can layer and a good wool sweater, coupled with the rain gear You will be good for most days. It won't hurt to have a warmer coat just in case. You should go expecting any kind of temps and weather. For the most part early OCT generally isn't too bad temperature wise.

05-Jan-14
I'm there also 2014. Loved following past posts as to gear guys where taking or travel plans. I'm already set. Just need a new pack, and buy my plane ticket. Already narrowed flights down. My dad and his two buddies are driving. Awesome for me since that get to bring my moose home,;). I'm reading about Newfoundland to learn more beyond just the hunt. I'm so excited. Mountainman posted some great stuff last year along with all the Rock vets. The pics have been beautiful. Sept 15-22

05-Jan-14
Was the rut in full swing the end of November,how we'll were they responding

05-Jan-14
Expect the rut to be somewhere in the vicinity of the first week of Oct. give or take. For Moose, slightly later for Caribou

05-Jan-14
What about the cost of processing, taking a freezer so if it's reasonable to have it done or bring it home in quarters.

05-Jan-14
I honestly don't know, I don't have it processed, I do it myself. I see many guys at the ferry haul small trailers with freezer and generator. I also see a lot of coolers

05-Jan-14
Last time I had one butchered there it ran around $200 or so. Will be going again this year.

05-Jan-14
Butchers around $200 like Chip T said and pending the city you live in you can have it shipped back to you via a semi truck that delivers many hunters meat in December (they only do it once). They stopped in Boston and cost around $450 - it just depends on the number of boxes.

I flew so it was really easy for me.

I have done both and flying will be my choice from here on out because I go alone. From Boston it's so easy.

05-Jan-14

mountainman's embedded Photo
mountainman's embedded Photo
You'll have a blast. I really enjoyed my trip up there. I will go back hopefully in a few years.

I actually just picked up my processed meat in Cinncinatti. As stated above the cost to process and ship the meat was roughly 450.00.

As bou stated, good rain gear, good boots(I used lacrosse aeroheads), and good binos. I spent a lot of time glassing.

I lost two out of six hunting days due to weather(fog)

05-Jan-14

Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
I will say one thing many don't post on here - BE IN SHAPE!!!

The terrain can be deceptively brutal. Lots of climbing up and down through tuckamore and bogs. If something looks like it's 2 miles away you double that mileage because of the resistance you will have getting there.

Here are some pics of my trip.

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

Bou'bound's embedded Photo

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14

05-Jan-14
Sage buffalo it looked like you were at iron mountain camp, we will be in at Sharon valley oct 3-10 , the pics are great.i have not heard a bad thing about either camp so all should be good. Just a question to you guys that have been there from a person that likes to have his own gear, does it pay to take a spotting scope for the weight

05-Jan-14
Sage and Bou, those pics quickly put it into perspective.

05-Jan-14
I would take it. You can always leave back at camp if needed. We did a lot of looking before we started chasing. I like a spotting scope after you have found an animal to get a closer look.

I was at Iron Mountain. Great, great country. Your dates should be perfect for the rut.

05-Jan-14
Hope so , all three of us are shooting bows, 1recurve . I would be beyond happy with a bull like yours. Did you get in a day early and stay at the motel.

05-Jan-14
SD: If the bulls are in rut you will have a great chance at a bull like mine. My guide said that during the rut he called in multiple bulls for his bowhunters.

The only thing you need to be prepared with is a 1,200 lb animal charging in. He said this messed with his hunters head.

It's not a whitetail!

05-Jan-14
What about the ferry, any suggestions on that

05-Jan-14
I flew last year and took the ferry the year before.

Reserve one of the bunks if you can. I didn't and I wish I had.

Get there early enough so you aren't rushing. There is a great little restaraunt near the ferry. I'll look it up.

The drive up is easy once you get past Boston (where I live).

05-Jan-14
The Cedar House is awesome, it's a must stop. Food is fantastic. It's on Cape Breton just past the Seal Island Bridge.

05-Jan-14
Two of us are driving from South Dakota, so I'm trying together the timing down to get across the border and get on the ferry, and from what I've been told I want to book a day early in case of delay on crossing. So any info from everyone would help.

05-Jan-14
If you come across I 90 you will connect to 290 in Worcester MA. The Ferry is roughly 15 hours from there.

05-Jan-14
That's what I'm looking at, I-90 up to the trans canada, never been east of wiscon so it should be interesting

05-Jan-14
Hop the queens highway as soon as you can and it is smooth sailing all the way to North Sydney where you will pick up the ferry. You will avoid all the north east traffic that I have to deal with going north from RI. Last I knew no tolls as on I-90, but it has been a while so that may have changed. Have a great hunt.

06-Jan-14
Take two pairs of neoprene boots and Shoo Goo. You will need the second pair while the first one gets repaired from the puncture holes. Bring Ibuprofen tablets (600's)and take them every morning and when you get back from the hunt. You will be achy and tired from the walking. The rest of the stuff you need is pretty self-explanatory. Depending on the time you go, ask the outfitter what to expect weather wise but be prepared for the worst.

06-Jan-14
I bought the Ecoflex boots and everyone said they felt just like wearing tennis shoes.

They were right.

Those boots got me everywhere I needed to go and even after hiking miles with a moose rack on my back my feet didn't feel and worse for wear. Now my back on the other hand...

07-Jan-14
Heading back to the rock the week of September 14th, 2014. All good advice above. One more piece, start planning your return trip now, moose hunting in Newfoundland is addicting...

07-Jan-14
My wife and I are doing a 10 day trophy moose (for me) and woodland caribou (for her) hunt with Tuckamore Lodge during the first two weeks of October. this is our first trip to Newfoundland and I'm taking good notes of all the advice! Has anyone here hunted with Tuckamore? Any advice?

08-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo
Best advice I can give: TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEET!!!

I thought my boots were great until 7 miles through the bogg.Take extra socks,mole skin and stuff to doctor any blisters before they get this bad.IF I hadn't already killed my bull I may have had a tough time walking after this.

08-Jan-14
Mole skin, mole skin, mole skin!!!

Don't even think your feet can handle it if you have to go all 7 days. Unless you work in bogs as a cranberry farmer.

08-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo
Was it worth it? Yes Am I going back some day? Yes

08-Jan-14
The right boots and socks are key, In more than 20 years of hunting there, I have never worn a blister. Merino wool socks are a must and a second pair of boots rotate them every day to let them dry good.

08-Jan-14
So tearing holes in boots is that bad

08-Jan-14
Ive never torn holes in boots.

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14
Thanks for the picks, so unless your standing on rock everything is boggy?

10-Jan-14
No, it's a mix of bog, hardwoods, trails but each day you will be entering a bog and need good rubber boots. One guy in our camp had leather boots, he wore them one morning and after they got soaked they stayed on the camp porch to dry out in the sun.

10-Jan-14
I have rubbber and lether with me in the truck so i am covered for bogs and hardwoods.

10-Jan-14
I would never wear leather in NF - even if I was just checking the mail.

Water is EVERYWHERE and not only where you expect it!

Not one picture posted doesn't have water in it to give you perspective.

That small hole that looks innocent could be 3 feet deep!

30-Jan-14
Be care full when flying I went to NFDL in 2013 and the airline lost my bow on the way up lost some time and they lost my luggage on the way back Toronto is the problem spot.

30-Jan-14
It cost me $400 to process my moose. I had sausage, hamburgers, and ground made up with the steaks. And I had to pay cash so make sure you save some $$$'s, they would not take a credit card.

30-Jan-14
Well its now a daily countdown to September 13 flight out. Second trip, ate tag soup last time. Seen some dandy bulls but getting that last 30-40 yards needed can be tough. Personally on footwear I am going the LaCrosse Aeroheads this year. Toting a Z7 set at 70# tossing Axis 300's and NAP Hellrazors and 75 grain brass HIT inserts, looking at throwing 500 grains through a moose hide. Hope all works out as planned.

What is everyone else using this year?

06-Feb-14
Thanks for the info Xman, that is part of it knowing I need to have cash. Scottie I retired the general and picked up the new experience for this hunt,gotta do the " Bowtech" n shooting gold tip. So was closing the distance the reason for tag soup ?keep me updated we won't get to the Rock until oct 1 so it would be nice to hear about your early hunt. Did you go early last year too, we're they coming to the call or spot n stalk?

06-Feb-14
Meat processing in Corner Brook is at Country Side Abitior. $1/lb. vacuum packed and blast frozen. He will also make sausage of several types.

06-Feb-14
Safari is that for ground,steaks cut or just deboned ?

07-Feb-14
SD Most hunting in NF is done with rifle. My guide didn't know what the bulls would do inside of 100 yds. We learned together and I give him A+ for effort. We called almost exclusively during my trip. Several good bulls at 100 yards that then circled and winded us. Then on next to last day I screwed up and didn't account for a bulls eyesite at 30 yards and spooked a nice one away.

Will get redemption this trip.

Scott

07-Feb-14
Don't even think of leather. A couple of years ago I stalked a caribou up there and stepped into a hole up by St. Paul and went clean out of sight. They lost an excavator up there. Gone. The operator made it out just in time. Sometimes, with the constant wind, it rains sideways up there. Being an island, the weather changes in a heartbeat. Went out on the water with clear skies after cod and just as I started jigging a downpour came from Labrador, and ten minutes later, clear skies. Have fun guys. You are going to fall in love with that place. We did over 30 years ago and it is now our second home. Word to the wise, arrive at least two hours early at the ferry. The last few years they have loaded fairly early. We go cheap and don't get a berth but night crossings are brutal. Those seats are uncomfortable. We try to cross during the day. After over 70 crossings we have gotten used to it and know where to hide so we can snooze on the floor with a sleeping bag. They frown upon it, but with a good bag, the upper decks aren't bad, especially after a couple glasses of blueberry wine. They don't bother you there.

07-Feb-14
Thanks for the info guys, planning everything now from the long trip, because we will be driving, to getting to the ferry.One of our group will be flying in so hooking up motel rooms and places to eat and just taking everything in. Can't wait for the end of September now, instead of deer n goats it will be moose this year, and with the luck I have I will draw one of 7 elk tags applied for.

07-Feb-14
Newfiearcher now has 5 P&Y Moose "officially entered" from Newfoundland. All with Conne River. Bowsite Sponsor. Truely amazing! Good luck all!

08-Feb-14
Charlie what happened to white feather ?

09-Feb-14
Just booked a trip beginning Oct 3 of this year. Hunted NF nine years ago and can't wait to go back. Looking forward to reading what people are bringing and how everyone does.

09-Feb-14
I cant wait for moose season either, going to be another great.

09-Feb-14
You driving or flying md

09-Feb-14
Anyone around sept 12th-13 in Deer Lake. Flying in and will be waiting around waiting for my dad and friend to arrive who are driving. Still waiting for airfare to settle in $. Once booked I'll have to look for a hotel for that Friday night. I'm getting pumped.

09-Feb-14
Tommy you'll be one of the first in, getting all the details put together along with equipment so excitement is starting to kick in, you will have to keep us updated.

10-Feb-14
I drove last time, but I was thinking about flying this time...I haven't made up my mind. There are definitely pluses and minuses to both ways of travel but I like being able to bring my moose back with me and not worry about airline restrictions and issues so I'm leaning toward driving again.

10-Feb-14
md moose- You can fly and have your moose trucked back to the states. There is a gal who picks the moose up from the butchers and drives it to the state in freezer trucks.. Cost is about $300 or so. I live in NJ and mine is dropped off in Allentown PA. There are several dropoff points in the US but PA would be the closest for you I think.

10-Feb-14
If you search old posts you will find all the info about the truck lady. I called her last year not knowing how I was getting there. It would cost about. $400-$600 a moose. But it worked out since my dad wanted to drive. I just couldn't afford 4-5 days of travel on top of hunt time away from work. They are even taking my gear so I don't have to check at airport. Gear lists have been great. Basically an elk hunt in a swamp. I asked a question couple years ago asking what one thing I should have on my first antelope blind hunt and that item ended up being a packable blanked to cover dusty floor. So I would throw out the question, what one item should I think about bringing that I may not know to take to NL? (Beyond rubber boots..)

10-Feb-14
MD Moose. FLY!!!

I have done both and flew last time and until I am retired and can take 2-3 days to get there leisurely making my way up the coast I am always going to FLY.

It was 2 flights from Boston for a total of 2 1/2 hours in the air plus a 90 minute layover. It really made it much easier on the travel fatigue.

I will say they are starting the Portland, ME to Nova Scotia ferry again!!! I think this will cut the driving down significantly. So I may do it again but haven't researched it enough.

Central NL Shipping 709-651-4427 is great. They delivered here to Boston and I had 6 boxes.

19-Feb-14

Sage Buffalo's Link
BTW I just finished my video from last years hunt. It was a great hunt but odd filming trip as I didn't really get any animal shots but I did get some good shots of NL terrain and scenery from the helicopter ride in. It will give you a good idea of how wet it is.

It was awesome to see it relative close. Sometimes it felt like the helicopter was brushing the trees and peaks.

It was a gun hunt for those who are gun shy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrM9rWzh4rg

19-Feb-14
Well done Sage!

19-Feb-14
Thanks Charlie!

20-Feb-14
Thanks for the video sage it was great to see more,and to keep me getting things ready.

21-Feb-14
How long is the ferry ride where a bunk is recommended??

21-Feb-14

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Depends on whether you take a day time ferry, night time or ruff weather. Any where from 6 (daytime)to 7.5 (nighttime) hours. Beds are very cool if going over by night crossing.

Google Marine Atlantic for schedules and times as they change depending on the season. Have fun!

21-Feb-14
Night crossing was 7-8 hrs, had a cabin and slept pretty well. They are small though but handled two old guys pretty well. Some outfitters recommend night crossing then drive right to fly-in location. We didn't want to chance a delay so took night crossing a day in advance. It is a cool experience and highly recommended.

02-Mar-14
Another question, how about cell phone coverage on the island.

02-Mar-14
Ya,definitely schedule a night crossing and pay the few extra bucks for a bunk. Bob

02-Mar-14
Im getting set to book my flight to NL. Question came up about currency. I would need to book hotel in Deer Lake and wait for my dad and friend next day to travel over on ferry. May need to use Taxi, tip money for food etc. Looks like most places take American $ but would there be a reason to exchange some cash? What has been the general process? Also any suggestions on a hotel?

02-Mar-14
I have never exchanged currency, there really isn't any need to.

02-Mar-14
Great thread...

04-Mar-14
Well I am a Newfoundlander and pretty well grew up wearing rubber boots.Don'quite know how you can puncture them I never did.Shoe goo is wonderful stuff incase of leaks however and I'd bring a bit of duct tape. I have asmall Honda generator and a small freezer.Twice we have cut up and frozen our meat out in the woods.I like to do my own as I know what I am getting.Its not thrown in the back of a truck with gas cans and such.The $200.00 or so you save by doing this will pay for a small freezer.Even if you pay to have it butchered a small freezer lets you take it home.Caution:- make sure you have id of the sex of the animal.

04-Mar-14
Thanks cod, that is what I planned on doing with the freezer, also didn't think of the shoe goo for just in case. How good is cell phone coverage ?

04-Mar-14
Cel Phone service is generally pretty good until you get off the beaten path, as it is anywhere. I have used both Verizon and AT&T. Verizon has by far the better coverage on the Island.

04-Mar-14
K, that's what I was wondering , thanks

05-Mar-14
If you are going really remote see if the outfitters has a booster signal. We were really remote but they had a booster and guys with an international plan and iPhone could get out. Not every phone has the capability.

I rented a satalite phone for the week and it cost like $125 for the trip.

06-Mar-14
Thanks sage, not to worried about camp that's in past where you were with ironbound, but we will be in a couple days early and need to hook up with the guy flying in so if we have it in most areas I'm good with that.

10-Jun-14
It's getting closer for all the 2014 trips. I am in the process of booking for 2016 and I cant get the grin off my face!

Keep this thread going!

10-Jun-14
That's some beautiful country. Good Luck!!!

10-Jun-14
I heard NFL had a BRUTAL winter - any news on how animals faired?

10-Jun-14
They did great

10-Jun-14
There was a lot of that going around

10-Jun-14
hell really? I never put my long underwear on. . . . couldn't catch it.

11-Jun-14
My hunting buddy and I are headed back for our fifth year. When our outfitter came to the show in NY he did say the winter on the island was 'interesting'. His guides seemed to feel that the critters wintered fine. Haven't booked the ferry yet but that seems to be a ritual for early summer. Those of you who are headed to NL for the first time are in for a treat. Great people to be around and great hunting.

11-Jun-14
A lot of cows had their calves on the snow in Western Newfoundland....From what I hear there was a lot of snow, haven't heard of winter kill so there should be good Woodland and moose hunting again this fall.

11-Jun-14
Why do Newfoundland moose not grow larger antlers? Is it the feed, genetics, overharvest, or what? From what I've seen, it would seem reasonable that they are almost a separate subspecies from other Eastern Canada Moose..

12-Jun-14
I have seen a number over the last four years in the 45" range but not a lot. A lot of 6-14 pointers which would be younger animals. On the highways in I have seen 3 that would easily better 50 inches. They seemed to be attracting numerous cameras!

12-Jun-14
They aren't a different subspecies, they were brought to the island from Nova Scotia. there are bigger bulls than most people realize. Mostly young bulls are killed, You don't get a lot of old bulls when the young ones are killed.

12-Jun-14
Just got a Woodland Caribou tag... hunting Sept 21-28th

excited to finally hunt the rock!!

13-Jun-14
I know they are not a different subspecies.....just saying that perhaps they should be as I'm guessing very few from Newfoundland make the record book. I've seen a ton of photos of moose taken in Newfoundland and the larger ones would be considered average for an Eastern Canadian moose. Didn't mean to change the topic of this thread....

26-Jun-14

scottiedog422's embedded Photo
scottiedog422's embedded Photo
Well the countdown is on! I fly out 9/13, working to get in "tuckbrush and bog" shape now. Bow is shooting darts and the moose are quaking. Good luck to everyone going this year. This will be my first year going with Island Safaris but I expect nothing but good. Now we just need to keep the hurricanes away (me and the northeast in September don't seem to get along with the hurricanes).

Love the photos that everyone else posts, keep them coming.

Scott.

26-Jun-14

PAstringking's embedded Photo
I'm hunting where my client killed this one a few years ago ....

27-Jun-14
wait..blueberrry wine? they got blueberry wine!? :-)

27-Jun-14
PA string you will have a great hunt with Moose Valley Outfitters out of Island Pond. Been there six times myself.

21-Aug-14
Hi Guys, leaving NE Pa. Sept. 19.Can't wait,remember reading some time ago about a place to buy bulk ice near Port aux basques,Will be happy with any info.Hope to see some of you on the ferry,good luck and safe hunting to all - Thanks

21-Aug-14

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
I amd booked in Kelly's View Motel in Cape Breton 9/3, and the Ferry over the evening of 9/4. Back morning of 9/12

If any of you BS'ers are in the area interested in BS'ing with a pro BSer, here's your chance.

This is my ugly mug, step up and speak.

24-Aug-14
Guys why do it seem that many so called great hunters never suggest the most important issue. Maybe its mentioned here but I read through many comments with no one mentioning it. I'm a guide here in NL and would someone PLEASE get the message out there, you need to wear (silent)cloths,personally fleece . I don't care what colour it is,not pink (if your male)!! But for your own sake and your guides sake bring fleece (outside layer). So many hunts are ruin because of noisy clients,and also noisy guides who don't know the difference, blame it on the wind,temp,or smell. Other than their antlers, a mooses ears are the biggest part of them, when they hear strange noises,they know something is up. So come hunting and enjoy yourselves, dress in layers , rubber boots and a light duty (tough) rain gear. (just incase). Listen to your guide,let ya guide do the guiding.

25-Aug-14
Newfielander thanks for the tip.

Sometimes something as basic as scent control, and quiet clothing, is SO basic, it might get overlooked nd go unmentioned. Good point.

25-Aug-14
I always wore wool up there...quiet, and warm even when wet.

Newfielander mentions a really cool point....A moose not only has the potential to have large antlers, they also have large ears. They will also turn their ears to face their antlers sometimes, because the antlers (as they get bigger), can help to collect/gather sound....making their hearing even better....kinda like a parabolic antenna.

25-Aug-14
Your dead on Medicinemann.

25-Aug-14
Newfielander there will be arrows flying soon on the Long Range Mountains....hope to see you this fall along my travels.

03-Sep-14

newfielander's embedded Photo
Is this bull close enough for you bow hunters!! Yes this is today here in Newfoundland! Sept 03/2014.

03-Sep-14

Is this bull close enough for you bow hunters!! Yes this is today here in Newfoundland! Sept 03/2014.

03-Sep-14
Is he on the ground yet??!! When do you expect him to start losing velvet?

03-Sep-14
LOL this guy is still out there, I was just filming today.My guess is the real big ones have the velvet gone.(20 pointers) I seen 35 today, all with velvet still.

03-Sep-14
good pic, newfielander. You got me all pumped up. I hope I can get a shot like that in a few weeks!

03-Sep-14
I gotta go on this hunt again, such a special place and boy what I would do to get on a moose like that with my bow!

03-Sep-14
To bad I don't have a moose tag this year on the island... But I'm looking for a caribou bull. A few more weeks

04-Sep-14
Counting down 54 weeks and I will be there.

04-Sep-14
Newfielander,

Did you call that bull in?

04-Sep-14
yes I did Medicinemann

09-Sep-14
I just got back from Newfoundland, did a little scouting and seen 54 moose in 4-5 outings. No big bulls, just young bulls/meat bulls. I posted a video on my youtube channel if anyone is interested in viewing the video.

NLGhostWolf is the name of my channel. Video is titled Moose Scouting

Good luck to all who travel there to hunt.

09-Sep-14
Newfielander, What did you use to "Call" him in?

24-Oct-14
How did everyone do this year? I'm leaving for the Ferry, Nov 7.

24-Oct-14
Good luck BB! Going with Dave? Doing a late hunt I see. Looking forward to seeing your report.

Thanks

24-Oct-14
Yeah, keep pushing the time back....can't seem to finish up work, plus it's been really warm up there, hopefully will have some cooler weather by then. I've had good luck in November, actually I've had my best luck early in the season and late in the season.

24-Oct-14
Oh I think it is smart. Matter a fact I know the season goes through Dec. I bet you shoot a nice one!

26-Oct-14
This past week was the best rut activity of the season so far.

27-Oct-14
Brian be safe and tell Dave hi for me.

27-Oct-14

27-Oct-14
PAstringking...niiice, where did you hunt? geographically?

27-Oct-14
SE of Corner Brook

27-Oct-14
Yeah I was kind of thinking it was in that area.

28-Oct-14
Brian, please tell Dave that Nick and I are definitely ON for 3rd week of June, I will get with him on details and deposits when things slow down after moose season. Good luck buddy!

28-Oct-14
bb.... Caribou populations were down but there was a few big bulls. Not being a trophy hunter myself... I shot the first mature bull that's stood still.

28-Oct-14
LOL, He's a good one. I have been seeing some really big stags the last few years, In fact last year I had one walk by me at 10' that was easily the biggest I have seen. Can't hunt them in that zone which as the crow flies would be roughly straight east from where you were..

If you were closer to the Burgeo Highway it would be north, north east.

Will do Cecil. There's still time for you to catch a ride, If you want to haul ass up here again and try your luck with Moose...:)

29-Oct-14
bb, the "want to" is there, the "can" ain't :-(

29-Oct-14
keep your pants on guys:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/28/john-carter-cash-johnny-son-arrested_n_6062060.html

29-Oct-14
keep your pants on guys:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/28/john-carter-cash-johnny-son-arrested_n_6062060.html

• Sitka Gear