Snapperman 06-Feb-14
SteveB 06-Feb-14
Bear Track 06-Feb-14
rock50 06-Feb-14
tatonka 06-Feb-14
Snapperman 07-Feb-14
Bear Track 07-Feb-14
06-Feb-14
Just about ready to draw my bow back on this outfitter for 2015, does anybody have any good or bad about then?

I did have a few concerns about them. They are not part of the Manitoba guide Assc. And they do not have a contract to send me?

What do you guys think about them?

John

06-Feb-14
I don't know anything about them, but know they have been around for a good while. I'd ask for a list of all hunters the past 2-3 years and contact them all. A simple Google search will probably tell you most everything you need to know too.

Lots of excellent Manitoba options, why them?

06-Feb-14
Snapperman, I'm a director with the MLOA (Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters' Association) and they are members. I do know they get some of the better moose in Manitoba. I'm not sure if you can take all your meat home, as many of the more northern camps have an arrangement with some of the indian bands up there.

06-Feb-14

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
I rifle hunted with them in 2008.......I know, I know, it was a cancellation hunt, too good a deal to pass up at 50% off.

The group flying out as we flew in went 11 for 12. Our group of 12 tagged out completely. They have lots of area to hunt. Three hunters stayed at the main lodge at Big Sand Lake, the rest of us dispersed to outpost camps by float plane. Two of us from seperate camps were flown back to the main lodge with 2 days left to hunt, and both tagged out in the next 24 hours. Water levels were low that fall they said, and some of the outpost lakes did not have as much feed to keep as many moose around.

Ron, you are correct on the meat, the natives keep most of the meat, the website says you can keep up to 50 lbs of the meat, the rest goes to the tribal members.

The moose are big, I shot a 57 1/4 moose, one of my partners moose measured 57, it made B & C.

Snapperman, PM me if you want to talk, be glad to do so.

06-Feb-14
I watched a hunting show recently that was filmed there...can't recall the name of the show, but they killed good animals...a wolf too, if I remember correctly and a bear. Looked like a great place.

07-Feb-14
Bear track, thanks for that. I do make it a point to ask them about being a member and SR said that they were not. Now that his son (Jr.) is taking over he might have joined.

John

07-Feb-14
The name I know from there is Rick. He is at our convention every year, so I don't know what to say about any of the other stuff.

• Sitka Gear