sbschindler 26-Feb-14
'Ike' 27-Feb-14
GRoe 27-Feb-14
GRoe 02-May-14
23-Feb-14
You guys need to make a Moose....

;-)

24-Feb-14
You bet! I am going to get through turkey season and then get to work on a couple possibilities. If I pull it off by summer, I will announce it on Bowsite.com

Thanks Ike...

GR Heads Up Decoy

24-Feb-14
Ok, I just may need one before Sept/Oct though...Maybe!

;-)

24-Feb-14
Ike, with my max CO points, I'm dreaming too. My wife already has a cow "moose hat" patterned.

Garrett, looking forward to a moose Heads-up, too.

Seriously, their eyes are so bad that you can wear a black jacket and hat, wave an elk shoulder-blade around, and they have no clue. My neighborhood moose are pretty oblivious to anything except human smell and too much movement too close.

24-Feb-14
Atta baby Lou, just make sure you don't get 'mounted' with that hat...Recovering with that new wheel, you may be a lil slower...

;-)

24-Feb-14
I do have an idea for one, and it may be limited to only one defining feature that is easily visable for moose. Going for a bull moose and not a cow.

Oh, moose decoy is our most requested decoy that we don't currently make. Second is a coues.

GR, Heads Up Decoy

24-Feb-14

sbschindler's embedded Photo
sbschindler's embedded Photo
a decoy patterned after this would be pretty good,

25-Feb-14
Put me down on the list of guys that wants one.....I would buy it.....Moose hunt coming up in BC in September and every year in Alaska!!!

25-Feb-14
Bull or cow decoy?

25-Feb-14
"Bull or cow decoy?"

Bull with small, removable antlers [Velcro?] to become a cow depending on target and rut phase. And I volunteer to personally test your product on the northern BC moose population, on video. Plus you can use my high profile name to promote your new decoy.

Where do I sign?

25-Feb-14
That can be done!

Face on or profile like the pic above?

GR Heads Up Decoy

25-Feb-14
I have a home made front profile cut from thin, high density foam and painted. It attaches to the upper limb of my bow and I think it looks good. But that side profile above sure is recognizable, so maybe better?

Works great for stalking black bears to.

26-Feb-14
I would not recommend attaching any moose decoy to your bow, for 2 reasons, 1. the moose will be coming in head on and your shot opportunity will be very limited, its always best to have a partner decoying in your moose and you hidden off to the side, the decoy man with an attached decoy can actually steer the moose to the shooter. 2nd reason is decoyed moose can become a problem fairly quick, its easier to ditch the decoy as the moose is passing by the shooter getting a shot rather than ditching your moose decoy with bow attached and now you are basicly someone who is only going to have one helleva story to tell.

27-Feb-14
" 2nd reason is decoyed moose can become a problem fairly quick,"

Yes and again, you don't want to be mounted! :-)

27-Feb-14
Those are good points...it's not unusual for us to have a very close quarting too shoot on deer with the decoy in the bow...standard archery equipment can accomplish that shot with no problem. A moose however, I would think the best scenario would be to make the decoys so it could not be mounted to the bow so a hunter would not put himself in position to 1) have to make that decision/shot. 2) get bull dozed

GR Heads Up Decoy

02-May-14
Do/Can bull and cow moose have the same size dewlap/bell?

Thanks GR Heads Up Decoy

• Sitka Gear