mixed bag 27-Feb-14
jerbear 01-Mar-14
MooseMan 02-Mar-14
Mule Power 03-Mar-14
MooseMan 03-May-14
mixed bag 08-May-14
mixed bag 16-May-14
25-Feb-14
Anybody do the drive up camp with them last year?This may be my only chance at a moose hunt this year.Though I don't know if he even has openings for it yet.Just wondering what people thought of the drive up camp.I'm sure his fly in camps are booked which I would prefer.If anyone hunted with him last year please let me know about the camp.I'm undecided if its moose or try for another elk tag and I don't have much time to figure it out.I like the fact I can stay as long as I want during the season,but would have to invest in a 4 wheeler

26-Feb-14
Nobody used thousand lakes outpost last year???I tried e-mailing but it keeps failing to go thru.Are they still doing moose hunts?

26-Feb-14
Mixed... if you decide to do the hunt with Dwayne you're welcome to swing by on your way over and pick up my 4 wheeler man. Honda 300. Nothing too big so it handles nice and very dependable. I don't use it much that time of year.

I'm not far from the Pgh. airport. You can rake leaves when you get back. :^)

26-Feb-14
I tried e-mailing but it keeps failing to go thru.Are they still doing moose hunts? ..... RED FLAG

26-Feb-14
Thousand lakes has a stellar reputation, last I new he was booked a year or 2 in advance. I would bet on some sort of miscommunication

26-Feb-14
Maybe his internet service is down. Sometimes it's not very reliable up here.

27-Feb-14
I'll give him a call.You think the drive up camps are booked 2 years out????if so, I better book a spot or I'll never go mulepower,thats awesome.I can leave my son to do all your yardwork,lol.Why don't you come along.I know you wanted a moose hunt.doing Ak next year for sure but figured I could start a year early here in the east

27-Feb-14
I can already see your son duct taped to a chair in my basement with a deer spotlight in his eyes saying: "I swear I don't know where my dad's hotspots are!"

I went to bed last night thinking: How can I join Mixed for that 1000 Lakes hunt?

Things are looking good for a 2015 AK moose hunt. By license app time I'll know for sure if I'm in or out. I have a greenhorn from Ohio that says he's in... for 2016, in case you found a partner. We'll be in touch.

I know Dwayne works some crazy hours. Flies his OPP airplane at night. I guarantee it's no red flag. He's not going anywhere. Actually.... he may be away at a show right now. When I met him we were both doing the one in Minneapolis.

27-Feb-14
Hi mixed bag: I hunted with Dwayne 2 years ago and he has one hell of an outfit. My partner and I droveup from Minnesota, with our wheelers in tow. and you can hunt for miles and miles. A lot of clear cuts as well as bog to hunt.His camps are brand new and top shelf, and with hot and cold running water, it,s the best. my partner and I both got our moose. one small bull and one 47 inch bull. You can also use your truck to get around if you don,t have wheelers, and don,t forget your fishing rod. any questions feel free to talk.

jerbear

27-Feb-14
jerbear, bow or gun?

27-Feb-14
Mulepower,I have a partner for next year in Ak;so I think.We were suppose to go this year but he had shoulder surgery and we decided it best to wait and know he's fully healed if something happens again I'd be real happy if you would go.I got to get back out there.Just something about hunting a place then when that plane leaves you know your going nowhere till he gets back I need to call thousand lakes though.I don't know why my emails are failing.If hes booked, I guess I'll just have to hunt elk again,lol

01-Mar-14
Mule Power: We used a bow only, that's the only way to hunt anything. My bull was 800 yards out and my guide called him in within 40 yards. And what a show he put on, before my beamon, with a 100 grain 3 blade muzzy did him in. jerbear

02-Mar-14

MooseMan's Link
Hi everyone, Dwayne here, I'm still very much around and running the moose hunts. Last year was a challenge with the warm temperatures and strong winds every day, but we had lots of bulls come into the calls. I'm not sure why the email didn't go through but please try again.

03-Mar-14
"Hi everyone, Dwayne here"

As he crawls out of the bush and climbs over 5 feet of snow......

03-May-14

MooseMan's Link
Five feet of snow is right, we had a brutal winter. The moose population is great despite what the tree hugging biologists say!!

08-May-14
So,you have any opening at the drive up camp this season??May have to just go when I return from blacktail hunting in Ak

16-May-14
???????

• Sitka Gear