mixed bag 28-Feb-14
elmer@laptop 28-Feb-14
TradbowBob 28-Feb-14
lawdy 28-Feb-14
car 28-Feb-14
lawdy 28-Feb-14
bill v 01-Mar-14
28-Feb-14
Just read in the paper last night that there will only be 128 moose permits for the whole state on NH this year. The moose herd has been really suffering from ticks and some diseases and are really hurting.

TBB

28-Feb-14
How many have there been in the past?

28-Feb-14
GULP!!Doesn't sound good

28-Feb-14
And I just read that Vermont will be trimming their moose permits 20% for this year too!

28-Feb-14
There were several hundred this past year so it is down quite a bit.

TBB

28-Feb-14
Good move. I live in zone A and our moose herd is definitely down. I checked a moose yard and found a couple of beds full of dead ticks. The moose came here because of our logging which brings new growth and browse. The huge fed landgrab going on up here will wipe out logging. The fed don't cut. The final tally for the Umbagog refuge will be 276,000 acres, the Conti will be over 200,000 acres, and the Rangeley refuge that we blocked for now, 250,000 acres. Basically, the feds will own all of zone A, B, C1, C2 when they are done. Hopefully America wakes up. Unfortunately, Senators Shaheen, Ayotte, and all our Reps back this.

28-Feb-14
Not very many tags however, I only need one.

28-Feb-14
Good move. I live in zone A and our moose herd is definitely down. I checked a moose yard and found a couple of beds full of dead ticks. The moose came here because of our logging which brings new growth and browse. The huge fed landgrab going on up here will wipe out logging. The fed don't cut. The final tally for the Umbagog refuge will be 276,000 acres, the Conti will be over 200,000 acres, and the Rangeley refuge that we blocked for now, 250,000 acres. Basically, the feds will own all of zone A, B, C1, C2 when they are done. Hopefully America wakes up. Unfortunately, Senators Shaheen, Ayotte, and all our Reps back this.

01-Mar-14
Mule power, The most I remember was about 625. The tags were steadily rising until a few years ago.

Lawdy, whats going on with that land grab your talking about? What are they going to do with the land?

Bill V

• Sitka Gear