bowcrazy 04-Jun-14
Bou'bound 04-Jun-14
Sage Buffalo 04-Jun-14
bowcrazy 04-Jun-14
Sage Buffalo 04-Jun-14
bowcrazy 04-Jun-14
Charlie Rehor 04-Jun-14
04-Jun-14
Many have commented on shipping moose meat. I contacted the only referral my Newfoundland outfitter had. Unfortunately this firm only trucked to Minnesota.

This may work for my hunting partner in Iowa, but I am in Colorado and my other hunting partner is in Montana, so we need another alternative. Does anyone know how I can find another potential trucker that handles the meat from Newfoundland (Deer Lake) to the west?

As an fyi - The trucker cost was $160 for first 50# and $90/50# thereafter. I think I can fly it back with me for that cost. Any suggestions?

04-Jun-14
Honestly I would donate all but the prime cuts and fly those back. it will cost you $250 or so to process and $790 to truck back a 400 pound load of moose meat.

04-Jun-14
Yup. Here it is. They are great and loved using them.

Central NL Shipping 709-651-4427

I will find another thread I posted this on. Very affordable as they only charged you by the box.

04-Jun-14
Bou'bound - good advice. I hear Moose meat is awesome, so would rather bring most home.

BTW- the trucking firm was Central NL Shipping 709-651-4427, which was recommended on another post. Antlers were free

04-Jun-14
It cost me $350 to ship back.

Like most shippers they will ship to the nearest city on their route. So you may have to drive a bit to get it.

04-Jun-14
Central NL only ships west to Minnesota. From there I'd have to use another firm, Frozen Food Shipping and pay another fee. Hoping someone from out west has hunted moose and solved this shipping problem for me.

04-Jun-14
Have a great hunt!

• Sitka Gear