Zim1 11-Jun-14
sticksender 11-Jun-14
ridgerunnerron 11-Jun-14
Ace 12-Jun-14
relliK reeD 12-Jun-14
ridgerunnerron 12-Jun-14
relliK reeD 12-Jun-14
11-Jun-14
When are the draw dates for Maine,NH and VT??I know they are coming soon and my last long shots of the year

11-Jun-14
Last long shot? There's still so many draws!

11-Jun-14
Well the last results will be rolling in soon. This year reminds me of 2012 when I thought I'd go tagless. Was so sure, I wasn't even checking last draw results, until I got a Bowsite PM asking if I was the guy from Illinois who drew the New Hampshire moose tag. A quick check of the results confirmed I was, despite only 1% odds. I'll need to pull a rabbit out of my hat this year too, if I don't draw Oregon Mt. Emily elk. Will know shortly.

11-Jun-14
Maine- June 14th
New Hampshire- June 20th
Vermont- July 17th

11-Jun-14
THX sticksender...I'm all in.

12-Jun-14
I've got a good feeling about Maine this year. Of course, I think I had the same feeling last year. Turns out I was off by a couple of states. I drew VT (archery tag).

It sort of feels like a lot of Bowsiters don't put in for these tags, and I'm not really sure why. I acknowledge the long odds, but aren't all Lotteries that way? That reminds me, I have to check a powerball ticket.

12-Jun-14
I myself am out this year in Maine due to the 3 year waiting period as is most of my friends and family. Its ok though as I have been moose hunting for the past 6 years in a row. Good luck all and PM me if you get lucky in Maine as I have hunted almost every zone.

12-Jun-14
relliK reeD- what's your fav unit for a big (better than average) bull? Zone/unit 3 is one of the tops?

12-Jun-14
Great question Ron. By far the best two zones for better than average is 7(Rangely lakes area) and 9 (Moosehead lake area)because these are restricted number of permits so the public can view moose. The biologists will tell you that there should be twice the harvest rates in these zones. I have hunted in every unit 1 through 12 with the exception of 10. I prefer 3 as my brother has a camp in zone 3 and we have taken 7 bulls and 1 cow from within 5 miles of his camp. The best parts of 3 are the farmed broccoli fields as well in zones 2 and 6. The zone 7 and 9 bulls generally have much better racks.

• Sitka Gear