Tilzbow 10-Jul-14
Ambush 10-Jul-14
Shug 10-Jul-14
jtelarkin08 10-Jul-14
flyingbrass 10-Jul-14
GameEarGabe 11-Jul-14
Craig 13-Jul-14
09-Jul-14
Im heading to BC this fall for moose. I need some advice on how to pack my gear. I am taking 2 bows, do I put both in my skb double or do I split them up and put one in my Badlands Terra Glide in the event one doesn't make it. I plan on using my daypack as a carry on for socks, boxer shorts and such. I would pack swaros, range finder, sat phone etc, in with the bows. When I hunt out west I usually ship all my gear ahead of me so I don't have to fly with much.

Thanks, Gabe

09-Jul-14
I'd start with one bow if it were me. Are you driving to the Hunting area then flying in a small plane or going by boat? Most outfitters don't like too much gear. I've never needed a spare bow and try to minimize my stuff unless I am driving my own pickup. Anyway you asked!

09-Jul-14
I would pack the optics/electronics as carry on. I've never taken two bows before, but if I did I would split them up. I have had my bow case delayed a couple of trips where having a backup in another case would have saved some anxiety.

10-Jul-14
Hey Gabe. When do leave. I'm sure you must be getting excited. When I was there I did take 2 bows in but had to leave one at base camp anyways. Was not able to take 2nd in by horse and would have taken two very long days to get it. Pack a few small items for repairs and hope you don't have a major blowup. You are going to have a great trip. Say hi to Larry and Lori for me.

10-Jul-14
Everything important (tags, lisence, money, glasses, optics, cameras, rangefinders, etc) in my carryon. I've never taken two bows on a trip, but I might someday. If I do, they will certainly be in deprecate cases because the only reason I'd take two is in case one didn't make the trip - Lost Luggage.

Good luck on your hunt.

10-Jul-14
I would definitely take my optics and electronics in my carry-on. Not so sure about two bows. The only time I ever take two is when driving. I'm headed to Tuchodi for Stpne Sheep on 5 weeks and I'm debating on one or two bows myself. Due to the 50# weight limitation I'll probably only take one and turn into a rifle hunter if that one blows up. I do back a small repair kit to include all allen wrenches, serving material and other small repair items. Unless some major component fails you should be able to repair something in the filed.

Another thing I did was schedule nearly an extra day on the front end to help with delays and lost baggage. Plus I don't switch airlines until I overnight in Vancouver which should also help prevent lost baggage.

10-Jul-14
Yes, as said, optics and cameras in your carry-on. Just don't say "laser range finder" if asked, it's a golf ranging tool.

Two bows may be more of a pain but it's like insurance, hope you never need it but a life saver if you do. Whenever small planes or horses are involved bulk and weight are at a premium so you may have to leave it somewhere anyway.

What area are you hunting? Good luck!

10-Jul-14
I always bring two bows...A single two bow case works fine for me.

10-Jul-14
Where are you going in BC? Ill be making that trip next September

10-Jul-14
you need to take good rain gear

11-Jul-14
I have KUIU rain gear.

13-Jul-14
I have been guiding in bc the last few years. What i have learned is i always pack to much. One case is definately better. 2 pairs of boots some warm clothes and rain gear. You will probably run into snow at least once. A GPS range finder and camera. Bring some leather gloves if you are going horse back along with some warm weather proof gloves. I might be guiding again this year and i was told it was a bow hunter let me know where you are going. I could be your guide.

• Sitka Gear