Moose
Contributors to this thread:
GameEarGabe 23-Jul-14
misfitmedic 23-Jul-14
misfitmedic 23-Jul-14
GameEarGabe 23-Jul-14
Don K 23-Jul-14
23-Jul-14
I was thinking of trying this device while in BC. Let's you text and email, make way points and such also has an emergency sos. Does anybody have and experience with this unit. I rented a satellite phone before a a was very unhappy with it.

Thanks Gabe

23-Jul-14
I own one and am very happy with it. I have the SE edition that allows you to use it as a stand alone device, plus post to social media. I don't use those options, and still use my phone to do the texting. This device has made my fiancé much more comfortable with going up on the mountains after elk and deer for long periods of time where there would be no cell coverage. It pairs to your phone via Bluetooth and the app to use is free. I have heard of people having issues getting the device set up and updated, but I have had no issues. This is by far one of the best hunting investments I have ever made. It also comes in handy when I'm driving cross country in areas with no cell service...a little piece of mind in case of a break down or emergency.

23-Jul-14
I also use the annual plan, because I use the device year round. There are other option to use as you go, but the way they are charged, you're better off in a regular annual payment. I have the plan with unlimited texting, I believe it's about $50 a month. The next more expensive plan just has quicker tracking updates.

23-Jul-14
Thanks guys

23-Jul-14
With the new plans and being able to suspend them I am going to pick one up here real soon. The new plans really make this a no brainer

• Sitka Gear