speedgoat 10-Aug-14
Rayzor 10-Aug-14
jims 10-Aug-14
jims 10-Aug-14
Goat Guide 10-Aug-14
dm/wolfskin 11-Aug-14
forkehornreggie 11-Aug-14
02-Aug-14
Im heading to British Columbia an bought a go pro to take along. As one thing leads to another now Im thinking about a bow mount. Does anybody have experience with mounting a go pro to their bow and what mount are you using?

Thank you,

Gabe

02-Aug-14
I would think a bicycle handlebar mount wiuld work on alot of stabilizers

02-Aug-14
What the heck is a "Go Pro"?

TBB

02-Aug-14
A type of camera....

02-Aug-14
You might be able to mount it to the stabilizer as mentioned or possibly a hat mount. One thing to remember is that things will look dinky unless you are super close. I have an old model GP that has wide angle. I would suggest mounting it several places and testing it out at the archery range. That way you get the type of footage you are looking for.

02-Aug-14
Just looking for something to capture the moment if I can get lucky. I have the go pro hero 3 black. I've read to put it on narrow for a somewhat better footage

04-Aug-14
Gabe. You might consider a headmount. After you shoot and you move your bow out of the way, you drop it down and lose the action. If you have it mounted on your head (like a headlight) then you are facing the action regardless of where it goes (assuming you keep looking in the direction of you target). Just a thought.

04-Aug-14
Here's a video of a head mount and a chest mount. bear hunt was head and fishing was chest. We also did underwater footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8N2xti-YXU&list=UUK18S-hmYR-VH8JAv5gN2NA

04-Aug-14
BTW The bear in the video was at 30 yards for perspective.

04-Aug-14
Thanks Sage, that was a great video.

04-Aug-14
Definitely set it to Narrow. Test it so you can understand the difference. Video an object 50 yards away for a few seconds on each of Wide, Medium and Narrow settings then view them on your computer and you will see the difference. Narrow videos closer - just not as wide. I video'd my elk shot last year w/ the GoPro on my head and it worked pretty well except I had it on Wide and that big bull is awful small in the video ... Good luck and hope you get some great footage!

05-Aug-14
When u are anchored, isnt your head kinda angled away from the target a bit? Does the head mount offset to the side just a bit? Just curious, never saw one.

05-Aug-14
I was thinking the same thing Stick.

05-Aug-14
I have one mounted on my riser. Took a little bit of the handlebar mount and the head mount to make it work. Have been using it that way for a few years now

05-Aug-14
I think the Sony AS-15 or 100 would work better. Low light performance, image stabilization, narrow design...

05-Aug-14
The head mount is on an elastic head gear thing that you can adjust to any part of your head.

05-Aug-14
Check out the brand new "Sportsmans mount" ... works nicely

05-Aug-14
I ordered the bow finger 2.0.

10-Aug-14

10-Aug-14
Check out the Insane Camera Archery Mount. It mounts on the back of your stabilizer. It also has adjustments for forward and back and side to side to help balance your bow.

10-Aug-14
I have been using Contours and have thought about GoPros because you can get 2x lenses for them. Anyone use them for head or bow mount to capture a hunt. I have a small Canon camcorder that I was going to rig up since I felt the action cam food was just too wide for any distance over 10 yards for my liking.

10-Aug-14
I can't seem to find a similar post on Go Pros but you might want to check out whether it is legal in your particular state/providence to attach an electrical device to your bow while hunting. It seems crazy that it would be illegal but if you are sticker to the rules you may want to check into it.

10-Aug-14
Found it on the Colorado forum.

10-Aug-14

Goat Guide's embedded Photo
Goat Guide's embedded Photo
I mounted one to my boat for filming the fishing charters we do and was surprised at how nice of a still picture can be taken from the video

11-Aug-14

dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
This is how I have my play-sport attach to my longbow. I can adjust it up down right or left.

11-Aug-14
I've shot a few animals with one mounted to my stabalizer. It did not affect my shots at all. The crappy part though is that for anything over first pin it is really small looking. I shot an Ibex in Spain at 55 with it on and you can barely see the animal fall after he went 30 yards. Fun stuff though. Good luck...Chris

• Sitka Gear