Ace 03-Aug-14
bearhunter 03-Aug-14
Medicinemann 03-Aug-14
Ambush 03-Aug-14
jtelarkin08 03-Aug-14
Bill in MI 03-Aug-14
GameEarGabe 03-Aug-14
02-Aug-14
For an upcoming moose hunt in Northen BC I have shot slick standards, exodus, slick viper, slick razor and muzzy trocar. I've narrowed it down to the standards or exodus. Who has killed moose with these heads?

Thanks

Gabe

03-Aug-14
I shot a bull with a Slick Trick last Oct. I didn't get great penetration but he only went about about 80 yards and the blood trail was great.

03-Aug-14
Wait until the nearside leg is forward. I got a little lucky.

03-Aug-14
My bull moose on that same hunt only went ten yards after being tricked with a standard.

03-Aug-14
I shot a Moose in BC with a 100 Grain ST Magnum. He went about 100 yards.

03-Aug-14
I shot one bull from a tree stand with the Standard and the arrow fell out the bottom of his chest after he started to run. He stopped when I cow called cow and then just stood for a few more seconds until he toppled for a total run of about 40 yards.

Had the same with an NAP Spitfire that went about 25 yards. And another with a Spitfire that did an all out run until he flopped at 100 yards.

I have both in my quiver. The only two heads I use.

03-Aug-14
I am going next september to BC and i have narrowed it down to 3 heads.. Silver flame, solid or helix..

I want a two blade head just in case i hit a big bone of some sort.. THe solids have the little bleeders but i dont think they would keep it from penetrating.. I will most likey shoot the silver flames.

03-Aug-14
I am heading for moose in September also

I am bringing my 125 German kinetics and a pack of 125 gr Viper tricks as backup.

I settled on the GK's for overall edge retention capability, flight characteristics, and their superior ability to penetrate bone should the issue arise.

Personally, I think the ST Viper, is one of the best multi-blade, replaceable blade heads on the market today.

The angle is better than the standard ST, which will yield better penetration should you need it IMO.

Bill

03-Aug-14
At this point testing is over exodus and ST standards fly the best.

• Sitka Gear