LBshooter 12-Aug-14
Cowdoc 12-Aug-14
IaHawkeye 14-Aug-14
IaHawkeye 14-Aug-14
Tracker 28-Aug-14
LBshooter 28-Aug-14
rattling_junkie 12-Sep-14
11-Aug-14
It looks like a lot of the moose photos on another tread are from tradbow guys. Does the moose country in Alaska suit the tradbow well or are you guys just hard-core? I have used a compound for moose in NFL and Alberta, but that was before I ever played with tradbows. NFL was kinda open and Alberta could have gone either way. Are the shots in Alaska moose county rather close or are you guys just darn good?

11-Aug-14
The answer is both! Alaska and NFL are both suited for trad bow hunting but the guys are also hard core! Good luck! C

11-Aug-14
I will let you know next year =) . Heading to Alaska for moose with the recurve

12-Aug-14
I killed a nice moose in Alaska with my longbow - great opportunities for under 20-yard shots. I should note it was a float trip so we were in the river bottom.

12-Aug-14
I killed a nice moose in Alaska with my longbow - great opportunities for under 20-yard shots. I should note it was a float trip so we were in the river bottom.

12-Aug-14
I don't know if we are hardcore, it's just the way we hunt. It's the most basic way, a stick and string no sights, releases etc... It adds to the excitement of taking big game and the mission to get as close as possible, that's what bowhunting is all about, other wise use a gun. With all the technology out there bowhunters are losing sight of the up close and personal aspect of archery. I will never hunt with a wheel bow and the only way I would hunt with a x-bow is if I were handicapped and unable to draw my trad bows. Going home without an animal is ok with me, and won't change weapons just to make a kill, fine for others but nt for me. Give it a try and you' ll understand the addiction.

12-Aug-14
I'm about to make my fifth trip for a moose with a long bow. Haven't punched a tag yet. I have had a bunch of smaller bulls as close as four yards. Small bulls are still six feet tall, with eyes all rollin' around in their heads, gruntin' and smashin' willows. Man I can't wait. What a rush.

14-Aug-14
No matter what game or where, I'd use my trad equipment.

14-Aug-14
No matter what game or where, I'd use my trad equipment.

28-Aug-14
I got back into traditional gear three years ago. Best thing I have done in a long time. I love to jus go out and shoot again.

28-Aug-14
Don't underestimate a trad bow.

12-Sep-14
"I don't know if we are hardcore, it's just the way we hunt. It's the most basic way, a stick and string no sights, releases etc... It adds to the excitement of taking big game and the mission to get as close as possible, that's what bowhunting is all about, other wise use a gun. With all the technology out there bowhunters are losing sight of the up close and personal aspect of archery. I will never hunt with a wheel bow and the only way I would hunt with a x-bow is if I were handicapped and unable to draw my trad bows. Going home without an animal is ok with me, and won't change weapons just to make a kill, fine for others but nt for me. Give it a try and you' ll understand the addiction." LBshooter

That is great that you hunt with a traditional bow. But to put down compound hunters is childish. We all make choices about which weapon to use. Neither is right or wrong. It is a matter of choice and desire.

As for moose, I have heard that Primitive Bowhunting in BC is a very successful outfitter.

• Sitka Gear