loesshillsarcher 12-Aug-14
Teeton 12-Aug-14
GameEarGabe 12-Aug-14
mntman742 12-Aug-14
mrjeffro 12-Aug-14
standswittaknife 12-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher 12-Aug-14
11-Aug-14
Looking for suggestions for a slip on waterproof camp shoe or boot.

Thanks

Gave

11-Aug-14
croc's work well

11-Aug-14
I'm confused by the question a bit. Waterproof as in keeps your foot dry like watershoes? Or waterproof as in it simply doesn't get water logged.

As stated above I always have my crocs strapped onto the outside of my pack as camp shoes.

11-Aug-14
LL Bean makes a camp boot. Rubber bottoms leather tops. I wear them like slippers around camp and are perfect for the late night run to the outhouse.

12-Aug-14
Not waterproof as in keep you feet dry but they won't get wet and feel crappy when you put them on: Crocs.... great camp shoes for that middle of the night walk outside.

If you're really wanting dry then the shorter version of Muck Boots or Lacrosse Burlys.

12-Aug-14
The answer depends in part on whether weight and space matter. If you aren't too limited by those, you can take anything you like. Crocs are good, as are a variety of low-cut waterproof camp shoes. I'm a size 13 and Crocs were simply too bulky for my fly-in duffel, plus I could not get them on while wearing hunting socks. Crocs eliminated. A lot of slip-on camp shoes are good, but for me they have to accommodate my hunting socks. I also don't want to work at putting them on. My favorite styles are moccasins. After a good many years in Alaska, I'm still wearing the Cabela's Bison Driving Mocs. They have a partial rubber outsole and good leather which I keep treated. They work fine for running around camp and trips to the creek for water. A pair of them will crush together and be the same volume as one size 13 Croc for me. Plus...moccasins just feel darned good on my tired dogs after hunting hard all day.

12-Aug-14

Russell's Link
I use garden clogs in one size larger than normal. Simple to slip-on, waterproof, and light.

Wear them daily at home, especially early morning walks around the yard.

12-Aug-14
Merrell jungle mocs have served me well as a travel camp shoe

12-Aug-14
I use scuba gear booties

12-Aug-14

Teeton's Link
loesshillsarcher X2

Here is a link to a pair so you can get a idea.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?subscribe=Y&ProductCode=16978&gclid=CLycmevtjcACFSMV7AodYiIA3w

True crocks are around 40 bucks I see these for as cheap as 15.

Just goggle scuba gear booties..

Ed

12-Aug-14
Im looking for something that when I have to leave the tent in the middle of the night my feet wont get soaked. This is what I was thinking

http://www.rockyboots.com/rocky-mens-boots/rocky-silenthunter-rubber-waterproof-oxford/RKYO037.html?dwvar_RKYO037_color=15#start=25&sz=12

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/product/Mens-Excursion-Pro-Mid-Outdoor-Boot/MOUTSPO

12-Aug-14
I have brought camp shoes with me on my AK moose hunt twice. Just extra stuff that isn't needed, I will not bring them again on our 3rd trip. As soon as we get up, hip boots go on and they come off when we go to bed.

12-Aug-14
crocs

12-Aug-14
Crocs.. super light and dry quick...

12-Aug-14
I use the lightest open sandle/flip-flop I can find.

Basically just so that I'm not barefoot. After a full day in boots, it's nice to have next to nothing on your feet. Comfortable down to 30ish, colder if camp has a fire. Any colder and you can put on socks so long as there's not snow

• Sitka Gear