Neubauer 24-Aug-14
shawn_in_MA 24-Oct-14
Mark Watkins 24-Oct-14
Gene 24-Oct-14
ridgerunnerron 24-Oct-14
elmer@laptop 25-Oct-14
18-Aug-14
Hi Guys,

I drew a NH moose tag for Zone D1. I would like to get the animal out whole. I am looking for contact info of anyone with Draft horses in that area (Littelton, Lancaster, Whitefield area). Also, does anyone have recommendations for good game bags to purchase to keep quarters in for carrying out or after it is skun if necessary.

18-Aug-14
Can't help with the horses but the following bags are good. Caribou gear or TAGS big game bags. Allen Bags are good also

18-Aug-14
VT publishes a whole list of folks with draft horses who offer that service throughout the state. Not sure how close you are to VT but that may work if its close.

I think you can get to the list from VT's F& G website, look under Moose Hunting. If you need help finding the list PM me and I'll try to find it for you. I'm on vacation at the moment in NH on an island so wifi is a bit tough.

19-Aug-14
THanks Ace...my zone borders VT. I will look at the list.

19-Aug-14
I have a 6'3" 240# son I will rent ya cheap ;-)

19-Aug-14
If push comes to shove, a friend of mine used a chain saw winch and a old pickup bed liner. Somehow rolled the moose into the liner and used the winch to get em out. Took a LONG time, but they made it.

19-Aug-14
Good luck Shawn! I would go with Fuzzy's offer.

23-Aug-14
Might try Ferguson Missouri......seems there are a lot of people there who are unemployed....as they migrate to the streets every night aimlessly wandering around. I say a good days work may very well calm their zealous nature!

24-Aug-14
Shawn -Seriously I would check with some of the local inns and camps and they can probably give you some info. I did a bird hunt in northern NH last year and stayed at Lopstick Cabins and they were very helpful in giving us info on that area. You could put a thread up on the NH site (which gets some use) and maybe come up with some contacts there. Good luck on your hunt. I am maxed out on PPs in NH and may get a tag some day before I am too old to take on a moose hunt. I will be there again this year with my Brittanies hunting grouse and looking for moose sheds.

24-Aug-14
Best of luck to you, Shawn on this challenging hunt. I live in NH and the moose herd isn't anything like it was 5 years ago. There are still some "Corkers" out there. Can't wait to see the trophy pics.

24-Oct-14

shawn_in_MA's embedded Photo
shawn_in_MA's embedded Photo
Well after spending almost every weekend this summer up in NH scouting, the time for the hunt finally came.

We left Fri a.m. to do some more scouting and get into the place we rented. Saturday we heard a cow calling in the morning but never saw a moose. Plenty of rain to go around though. Sunday we sat in the rain in the morning. Midday we decided to go in deep after one. Perfect conditions for still hunting and minimal sign in the cuts and roads had us thinking the were going to be up on high and dry ground. We got to about 40yds of this guy and he stood up out of his bed in front of us and started walking off. He stopped 50yds broadside/quartering away just a little bit. Two quick shots to his lungs and the work started! Super happy and still on cloud 9. This bull is bigger than anything we thought we would get in the zone. He was 43" and dressed at 810lbs. He was also the heaviest moose checked in during opening weekend statewide.

24-Oct-14
Shawn, A big congrats!!!

Mark

24-Oct-14
Congrats! I saw enough moose sign where I was bird hunting in A1 this week to get me excited and I don't have a moose tag. Good looking Bull!

24-Oct-14
Congrats,plus getting it done DIY!

25-Oct-14
Way to go!

• Sitka Gear