Southern draw 12-Nov-14
Hustler 06-Dec-14
Mule Power 06-Dec-14
Hustler 07-Dec-14
Mule Power 07-Dec-14
Hustler 07-Dec-14
Ty 29-Dec-14
05-Sep-14
Who has used 40 Mile air and what type of hunt did you do? I see he does float hunts, lake hunts, and ridge top hunts. What was the essential equipment needed and how long did you stay in the field?

05-Sep-14
I've done a caribou hunt and two moose hunts with them. Heading out next fall for caribou again. PM me with more specific questions and I'll do whatever I can to help you out. Ed F

14-Sep-14
Ttt

14-Sep-14
I have used them for a caribou hunt. One of the guys I went with had used them for a moose and caribou hunt prior. PM me if you have specific questions.

23-Sep-14
Did caribou last fall with them and heading for a moose trip next fall.Its a great operation dropping u in good areas.I will say if you don't come back with a bou you are wayyyyy to picky.Think moose is typically 50% success per camps

07-Oct-14
TTT

07-Oct-14
Ty,

I have not hunted with 40 mile in awhile but the last time I did they wear spot on with everything they promised. They fill up fast once they start booking, good luck. Dave

11-Nov-14
Ttt

12-Nov-14
Sheep ridge tops, 10 day hunts, stove, white gas, tent, sleeping bag,optics, clothes, enough dehydrated food for 12 days. would say moose and caribou would be the same as far as equipment. They allow 50lbs plus weapon.

06-Dec-14
I am heading to Alaska for another hunt Sept 2015. Taking 3 buddies from here in MI. I reached out to them for taxi service. For sure they book up fast.

06-Dec-14
Ty... did you get on the books with 40 Mile? I assume you saw the other thread saying they are booked solid for 2015. There are a few options if you haven't yet nailed your plans down.

One thing I would suggest anyone do when considering hunting anything in AK is try to find air services who offer charter flights. Pay by the hour instead of flat rates. You can literally cut your cost in half. But you have to do a little homework to be able to tell them where you want to go. I'm sure though that most can suggest a spot.

07-Dec-14
Mule - not sure if that last question was for me. We are no longer flying in. We are taking boats up the river and hiking in/out/around. When I looked into the fly in options it was a couple months ago and there were limited days.

07-Dec-14
Actually I was asking the original poster but that's ok. Good luck to you guys. You'll have to go the extra mile to put other hunters behind you using rivers for access. Covering ground on foot up there is sometimes easier said than done. I'd look over the maps and find some high ground to make my way to and glass until my eyes burned. On the plus side I'm sure you saved some money.

I look forward to hearing everyone's moose tales net fall.

07-Dec-14
Thanks Mule - I have been to the area I am going 4X now. you are absolutely correct about going the extra mile! :) It takes awhile to get away from the people but once you do it is well worth it. this year will be my first attempt with a bow. All previous years have been with a gun. Best of luck to all! Already excited for the fall to get here. (again)

29-Dec-14
I did not get booked. I may end up with papa bear and book a few years out to be sure I can get a spot. I still have not ruled out Ontario either.

• Sitka Gear