Mathewsman 10-Sep-14
Shiras 10-Sep-14
HuntnBigGame 10-Sep-14
Knuck39 10-Sep-14
Knuck39 10-Sep-14
Mathewsman 10-Sep-14
mixed bag 13-Sep-14
09-Sep-14
Going on my first DIY moose hunt in Alaska . Using RENFRO's ALASKAN ADVENTURES as my taxi. Spoke with the owner Wade and his mother Sharon. Really nice people, looking forward to my hunt with them. The hunt is a ridge hunt, from sept 15th to sept 25th. Any advice you could throw my way would be much APRECIATED (good, bad or indifferent ) Thank you Jon C.

09-Sep-14
sounds like a ton of fun. I can't help you with advice though...my first moose hunt isn't until 2016. Looking forward to hearing about it.

I'm guessing this is next september right?

09-Sep-14
Knuck myself n two buddies are doing the same hunt with Renfro's. We are suppose to fly out of Bethel for the Bush on the 14th. Good luck! Maybe we will run into each other

09-Sep-14
Good luck! Stay safe and keep a positive attitude. You'll probably be spending many hours glassing, just keep at it. I was lucky and killed on day 7, my partner killed on day 10! Days can be slow with little action, but when it happens it's unforgettable.

Looking forward to hearing how you do.

DJ

09-Sep-14
Knuck39 I sent you a PM

09-Sep-14
I am that buddy:) You have good dates. I would take a mountain moose hunt over a swamp hunt any day. Hopefully you will have cool weather and get dropped on the X.

As Dj said, use your eyes and ears. You can hear a bull grunt from several hundred yards away. You can hear them fight for a mile!

Get the wind and go after them. They are not going to spook from noise or movement.

Enjoy, it is a fun hunt.

10-Sep-14
Get a hunting partner with a strong back and poor shooting skills.

Please report back after hunt - never heard of that service, I like to track all good/bad experiences.

My only fear would they drop down to the rivers/swamps by then?

DJ and Rick I got bumped this year but I am in next year.

10-Sep-14
Pics please!!!

10-Sep-14
I leave tomorrow for a drop camp with Wade!

10-Sep-14
Have you hunted with Wade before Shiras?

10-Sep-14
I Have not.

10-Sep-14
Pack for the Cold, Spoke with a buddy in Anchorage said it starting to get cold!

10-Sep-14
It's this September badlands, and yes mathewsman I hope I run into you as well. Thanks for the kind words and I will be sure to take many photos.

10-Sep-14
Mathewsman, I didn't get your pm, or maybe I don't know where to look for it. I'm new to the site.

10-Sep-14
Knuck39 when you first pull up the main forum page your PM's are on the right of the page in the tan area. Just click on your new messages

13-Sep-14
Want to hear all about this trip.I'm planning on 40 mile next year but nothing set in stone yet

• Sitka Gear