WV Mountaineer 24-Sep-14
fairchase 24-Sep-14
Jack Harris 24-Sep-14
Bear Track 24-Sep-14
t-roy 24-Sep-14
Rob Nye 25-Sep-14
rattles33 03-Oct-14
24-Sep-14
We'll be hopping on a float plane in the morning to go on our annual moose hunt. Last year was the first year I never shot a moose, so planning on breaking that curse. Wish the weather would cool off some though. We're taking a couple days to repair our little cabin and maybe when we're done the cool weather will be with us.

I've heard of hunters putting their meat in bags and submerging it in water. Can anyone enlighten me on that process? Thanks

24-Sep-14
Good luck Ron! Be safe and kill a big one. I am looking forward to some moose brats next year in bear camp. Skippy

24-Sep-14
Good luck and God Bless

24-Sep-14
Good luck Bear Track, and stay safe.

24-Sep-14
Good luck - I think if I ever get after another animal besides the whitetail moose is first on the list.

24-Sep-14
Thank you gentlemen. Imagine, it's the end of September and I had to run out to buy a Thermacell. I've got 6 or 8 up at camp but had to buy another. Yikes! Spending money like water today on this and that and I believe it'll be cheaper to leave work and the city now before I think of another thing I may not need but should have.

24-Sep-14
Ron, We have put elk meat in garbage bags double wrapped & submerged them in a stream & not any issues. Cools the meat down very quickly. Be careful because some bags have a antimicrobial coating

Good luck on your hunt!

25-Sep-14
Have done similar to T-roy, clean flowing water only. Moose tenderloin and eggs over a fire is the best breakfast on the planet. Good luck!

03-Oct-14
Hey Ron, how'd the moose hunt go?

• Sitka Gear