TurkeyBowMaster 29-Sep-14
mixed bag 29-Sep-14
mountainman 29-Sep-14
maravia14x24 29-Sep-14
mixed bag 29-Sep-14
Kodi 29-Sep-14
Teeton 29-Sep-14
28-Sep-14
I'm still trying to find someone who seriously wants to do a diy moose hunt using 40mile.One thing or another always seems to happen to my partners before we can book.So I'll keep trying before I break down and just do Newfoundland or Ontario.I don't have the ba&& to do a solo hunt like the one posted on here.I do have the same bucklist dream as another post and his story really has me itching again to try and find someone my plans would be to use 40 mile air,and fly in day before season opens.I would like to stay the entire season which I think is 10 days if memory serves me well.They do fly to an "any moose" area which would be fine with me.This way we wouldn't have to judge a 50" moose,but I'd be willing to do either area.i'm not picky, I just want to go hunt moose and prefer it be in the backcountry of Alaska I've done a caribou hunt last year with 40 mile so I can book with other repeat customers in early Dec.when I did the caribou hunt my final costs were under 5k including my airfares,hotel stays,food ect...I would also bebooking the extra gear flight so we could have a more comfortable camp.

28-Sep-14
Wish I could join you, but I'm scheduled for other regions.

I just returned from Alaska on a seven day guided moose hunt. Hunted GMU 9B. Season was from five through 15 September. Because of the warm weather, the moose were not moving a lot.

Lessons learned was to hunt units that end later in Sept.

Best of luck with your hunt.

28-Sep-14
My advice for you is if you find someone on the internet that wants to go with you dont do it without a test run.. Go on a 4-5 day scouting/hunting trip with them and make sure they are reliable and not soft.. There are alot of guys that cant handle being dropped off in alaska for 10 days.. I can promise you dont want to be the guy with them

28-Sep-14
Best wishes to you on your quest!

28-Sep-14
Head over to the Alaskan outdoor forums and ask in the hunting section. Seen many hunters get hooked up there and have a good time. Not the state section here but the outdoor forums (diff website)

28-Sep-14
There are far more people I'd be willing to hunt with from this site versus the Alaska Outdoors Forums. Yes there are some on there I would hunt with, but they likely already have plans for next year.

I am sure there is someone on here hoping to do the same thing. Good luck.

28-Sep-14
I've always had great luck hunting with new people.I've hunted with 5 different guys on forums not one complaint.Can't find any local guys that like to go on adventures like I do,and some its just a $$ issue.Going to have a phone conversation with one guy interested tomorrow night.Your right though, wouldn't be fun stuck in the wilderness with someone too homesick and wanting out.my family is use to me being gone 10-14 days once a year for my stress relief/hunting.It gets real as you watch the plane fly away

28-Sep-14
Aw man! Why do you have to make me think so hard about this Scott? We've talked about it before. You know it's at the top of my bucket list and you know I have everything I need including a thick enough skin & experience to do the hunt.

It's just a matter of timing. If I don't hunt elk I could get suicidal. Also I'm in the process of changing jobs so I'm not sure what my free time will look like this time next year. The LAST thing I would want to do is commit and then have to bail out on a hunting partner.

A couple quick questions: Correct me if I'm wrong the app deadline is the end of December? What is the cost for 40 Mile? Are you flying up or driving?

28-Sep-14
is 40 mile just a fly in service?

i have not been to alaska in over 10 years, would like to go back.

28-Sep-14
Scott, sent you my contact info in a PM

29-Sep-14
I want to go but not quiet ready yet.

29-Sep-14
Mulepower, no application for this hunt is needed.We would need to put down the deposit with 40 mile in early Dec.I usually pay in full just to get it out of the way.i fly to Anchorage but could do Fairbanks too.Rent a car and drive from there to Tok.Total to pay 40 mile with extra gear flight split is under $2500. I hear you about missing elk season.I've missed the lst 2 seasons being in Alaska for both.I'm having bad withdraw,but moose is something special and worth another missed season.Though I may try and draw a good 1st season tag in Co. to do after my moose trip.Only so many years I can go without hearing the bugle in the wild.Can you pm me the Canadian contact imfo again?I have to get that taken care of in case no takers for this trip

29-Sep-14
What year are you thinking of doing this?

29-Sep-14
i am definitely interested. but i need more info and time to look at the area. i would really rather go closer to the rut.

29-Sep-14
I'm going next year,and season dates usually start around the 5th Sept and goes for 10 days.They are rutting up there at this time,and can be called in

29-Sep-14
Very very interested. PM me.

29-Sep-14
I've been kicking the diy moose hunt around for a few years. But 2 things, 1 is I'm not sure I could go a year with out elk hunting 21 elk hunts in I think 22 years and 2, I told Julie if I don't do a elk hunt I'd do a lope hunt in August and she'd could come along. I have I think 17 points in Colorado and I think 5 points in Wyoming for lopes. If I'd do the moose hunt she'd think I was blowing her off. Julie dose not hunt but she's a photography teacher and would sit in the blind or take pixs of me hunting/stalking a lope. eD

• Sitka Gear