mixed bag 16-Jan-15
Charlie Rehor 16-Jan-15
Teeton 16-Jan-15
Mule Power 16-Jan-15
little goose 10-Mar-15
Teeton 10-Mar-15
mixed bag 11-Mar-15
02-Jan-15
sept truck to haul your trophy from alaska to select lower 48 alaskaexpresstrucking.com

02-Jan-15
Charles! Joe from Pa here. It was good talking to you last month. You WILL be hauling moose for us. Hopefully you'll get a few hunters further east than Toledo so I don't have to drive quite as far. You said you've come as far as Washington Pa. before. That would be perfect.

Two quick questions: 1) Will you pick up at Delta Meats in Delta Junction? 2) Any idea when you'll be up that way and to Fairbanks? I'd like to have my meat processed before you freeze it solid in the truck. But they can easily take a week or more to do that.

I have your number in my phone. I'll give you a shout on the sat phone as soon as one... or two hits the ground. Thanks!

02-Jan-15

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Hey Charlie!!

Thanks again for the great job you did for me this past Sept.

Are you still looking at possibly getting a second trailer next year?

Troy

02-Jan-15

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Phone #

06-Jan-15
Hoping to be using this service

06-Jan-15
Yes, Thanks Charlie for bringing my moose the Illinois/Wisconsin state line. Mike

06-Jan-15
wow this is a great connection !

06-Jan-15
any way you'll be dropping down into wyoming at some point? Where headed up there in 2016 and I could make that work. thanks,

06-Jan-15
Never heard of this service before. We are hunting out of Galena AK in 2016 with Sportsmans Air Service.

Any way to get 2 moose from Galena to anywhere close to Omaha?

06-Jan-15
Badlands.... He will pick up at Indian Valley Meats in Fairbanks as long as the dates line up. As soon as your moose hits the dirt and you have an idea of when you'll be back in Fairbanks give him a shout on the sat phone and make arrangements. He also makes a stop at Delta Meats in Delta Junction.

Yes City... very good connection.

06-Jan-15
He's been doing this for several years. Only problem I see is that he stays too far north for me to drive from Colorado....

06-Jan-15
Badlands, Could be 3 more from Lincoln, NE in 9/16. Maybe we could get him in the area for that...

06-Jan-15
Another possible issue is you can't reserve a spot with him. It is first come-first served. Believe me, I tried. I was fortunate last fall, called him on the sat. phone on Sept. 16th & got a spot for my bull.

Charlie said he felt bad about turning a bunch of guys away, but he only had so much room & he filled up fairly quickly.

He told me he is going to try & get another truck for next year.

Badlands & Shiras, We might be able get him to go down I-80 in 2016. He might have 2 more bulls to deliver in central Iowa!!!

06-Jan-15
Fingers crossed for that 2nd trailer boys.

06-Jan-15
whats avg cost

06-Jan-15
Flat rate City. $750 all meat and whole skull or skull plate anything less.

One problem I see is he told me he'd be through Delta on his way to Fairbanks the week PRIOR to 9/26. In much of that area the season runs until the 25th with some of the best hunting toward the end of those dates. Not sure what he is thinking there but lots of guys will be lucky to kill a moose, get it out of the bush and to a pickup point even by the 26th.

One thing worth mentioning is his truck is 35 below. Quarters will be frozen rock solid. He told me it's best to chunk meat up and put smaller pieces in in non-stick wrapping so it is easier to thaw evenly. Note: Not scented garbage bags! A whole moose quarter would be thawed for days before the inside even came close to being thawed out.

I think we all better have a plan B. I'll be asking in advance if he will be running a second rig as he has mentioned to several of us. If so I hope it runs a little later.

06-Jan-15
Good points on the meat, Mule. My meat was frozen in the game bags we had put it in & then stacked on a pallet. I think that was done at the meat locker in Fairbanks. We had to take a pry bar to get the quarters separated to load into my truck. Not sure how I would have gotten it loaded had we not been able to get it apart.

It took the quarters several days to thaw out while hanging in my shed. Fortunately we had somewhat cool weather in early Oct. It was still partially frozen in the middle when I finished boning it out.

06-Jan-15
I know a guy who could help out with any meat not able to make the trek back to America. Just let me know and I'll get another freezer :)

06-Jan-15
I had the time to cut, wrap, and box my moose meat and Charlie worked great. Other options would have cost more than double his price to bring back antlers and all the meat.

07-Jan-15
Nick, if I have to fly with mine home I'll be leaving some with you.Hoping the truck has room though

07-Jan-15
Nick, if I have to fly with mine home I'll be leaving some with you. Hoping the truck has room though.

lol :-)

07-Jan-15
Badlands My brother and I used Joe in 2012 and he got our moose down to anchorage for alaskaexpress to pick it up from there. I think it was around $300 extra to get it down there for him to pick it up.

08-Jan-15
Very good to know cubbies. Thanks!

What date did you kill your moose and get it down there by?

09-Jan-15
Back hauls out of Galena on air alaska are not bad. Most planes fly empty back to Fairbanks because everything going in to Galena is either coming via air or boat.

09-Jan-15
we hauled several moose from joe last year. For everybody concerned, we will do our damnedest to bring all the moose back. and will be in alaska through the season. sept 25. We are doing some modifications on our trailer so we can get more in. and still planning another truck for 2015.

09-Jan-15
alaskaexpresstrucking.com for helpful tips on your moose.

10-Jan-15
That's great news.I know I'll be using your service if successful.How far east will you come?I'm close to the NJ border in Pa.I really don't mind driving across Pa towards Pittsburgh if I have to but much further west may be too much hassle.Hopefully, theres a few guys going for moose that live this far east

10-Jan-15
I plan on going from pa

10-Jan-15
C'mon eastern guys... mixed, broomed, city hunter... let's kill some bulls so we can make it worth his while to make it at least to western Pa.

10-Jan-15
Going to try like heck.I hope the moose do their part.Not like I'm flying out to Ak to hold myself and jog in place,lol I think enough eastern guys will get bulls to persuade him.I plan to kill one that he won't be able to get thru the doors.So he'll have to strap the antlers to his roof and use as a wind break.That should help his mileage enough to get him to Pa border

10-Jan-15
haha that's funny mixedbag. In an email yesterday he told me we need to hunt harder to give him a reason to line up the 2nd truck. I replied and said I'll hunt harder of you buy one of those tandem trailers. But you're going to need a Wide Load sign for our bulls. lol

Charles is a good guy and I know he is going to do everything he can to take care of all of us.

11-Jan-15
Maybe you eastern guys could find a cold storage place here in Iowa & have city hunter haul them back for you when he comes back from his Iowa farm!

11-Jan-15
several of you eastern guys could get together and make a run , this site would work great for getting together and making arrangements. something to consider.

11-Jan-15
I'll be making a run right after Alaska... straight to Wyoming to chase elk. But I won't have the space for two moose on the way back and no way to keep them cold.

Being from Wisconsin Charles I'm sure you're a Steelers fan. Come on over and I'll take you to a game. :-)

Ok... how about sending you home with some elk meat instead?

11-Jan-15
How far east do you thinkyou'll make it??

11-Jan-15
its Charlie, and I am a steelers fan, lol. Get 5 moose in pa and were in business . take me with you to wyoming. haha

12-Jan-15
All the discussion about thawing - guess that's the guys that don't use a local meat processor. They (obviously) have the nice chilled walk-in to hang meat while it ages and thaws.

12-Jan-15
If I click on your name it says Charles. You spelled Charlie wrong. lol

Not a Pack fan? Wow. Even I like the Pack.

Hear that guys... 5 moose and he pushes east. I hope you boys have done your homework. If not you guys in Ohio better dump some bulls so he at least gets close. I'm right near the Ohio line so that will work for me. But Youngstown or even Columbus would be better than Toledo.

City... exactly where are you?

12-Jan-15
mule power, i like the pack too. but I like the steelers also. will you take me too permenteer bros bar too? awesome food.

12-Jan-15
Charles.. er uh... Charlie: It's Primanti Bros. As a matter of fact two friends and I had lunch there after some hunting on Saturday. I'm in there once or twice a month. The manager at the one closest to me gives me a free sandwich for deer meat. For elk she adds free beer. I wonder what she would give you for moose meat!!! lol

Yep... you drive me a moose all the way from Fairbanks and I'll gladly buy you a sandwich no problem!

Man.. you sure know a thing or two about lots of places!

12-Jan-15
Mule, I've been to the original, awesome place, has the signed painting of the pirates. used to deliver mushrooms across the street. You guys better shoot some moose, I definitely want to deliver out there.

13-Jan-15
I hope I can help the cause

16-Jan-15
A REAL cheesesteak from Philly should be worth the trip across the state

16-Jan-15
alaskaexpress: PM sent. Please respond. Thanks, C

16-Jan-15
I told a couple of my buddies about you Charles. They are from Northeast Pa. So if they score that's 2 more for Pa.. Charles did you get a call from a guy named Dave in the last week? They are doing a 13 day moose float trip.. Ed

16-Jan-15
I guess you should mention Tee that Northeast Pa is in the northwest corner of the state! haha

Let's flip a coin.... are they driving to Pgh or am I driving to Erie? Maybe meet on I-80 right in the middle. Sharon Pa.

Mixedbag... Primanti Brothers has the famous Pgh Cheesesteak. We reinvented the wheel. lol

10-Mar-15
talked to charlie the other day, he told me to check out this site.heading to AK for moose hunt in sept.9 thru 21, flying into innoko wilderness to float the innoko river. If luck is on our side we will be useing alaskaexpress to haul our load back to PA,north east

10-Mar-15
Hay Dave where did u come with little goose? And welcome to the bowsite.. Ed

11-Mar-15
I'm in NE PA so that should work perfect for him.Now we all have to get lucky and tag some bulls

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear