BullBuster 13-Jan-15
Rock 13-Jan-15
Jim in PA 13-Jan-15
Southern draw 13-Jan-15
Tatonka 14-Jan-15
TD 14-Jan-15
Jim in PA 14-Jan-15
13-Jan-15
Is anyone driving this year to hunt in the Oct time frame? Going out on a limb but looking to bring some Moose meat back? Thanks

13-Jan-15
Forgot to mention I will be flying. Thanks

13-Jan-15
It has become super hard to bring somebody else's game across the border. Last year i was unable to bring a friend's cape with me, when he traveled through another crossing with his meat. Not sure of the exact rules, but check into it.

13-Jan-15
BullBuster is correct it is difficult to bring someone else's meat, rack and/or cape across the border. Lots of extra paperwork and inspection at the border, probably not worth the effort or headache unless it is a good friend.

13-Jan-15
Unless something has changed in the last few years you need to get an export permit from BC government if someone else is transporting something for you. Had a friend bringing someone's elk horns through from Sask. to North Dakota. They were held up for 6 hours and in the end the horns were confiscated. The hunter eventually got them back but it was very stressful and expensive.

13-Jan-15
Ok thanks for the info. I will try and bring as much as I can back on the airlines. Don't like leaving all that good eating meat, but it is what it is.

14-Jan-15
Hmmmm.. In 2013 another hunter gave me half of his caribou because he didn't want it all. I came through the border in Saskachewan into Montana and had no problem at all. The outfitter had the other hunter write a statement saying he was giving me the meat...he included his license number, name, address, phone number, etc. and that was all there was to it. His meat was separate from mine (in a separate cooler). Maybe B.C. is different from Saskatchewan. ????

14-Jan-15
In 2007 or 2008 (I forget) some very good folks in the Jensen family (Bowsite's NYBob) brought a 3/4 mount black bear across the border from NB for me. To my knowledge they had no issues, but pretty sure thy had a copy of the paperwork needed to do so. From there they shipped it to me. Those folks (Big Jon too) made the hunt that much more special.

Great folks. Awesome family. Thank you John Henry and Bob and all the rest of the family, a tough year. Was thinking of you folks these holidays. Hope all is well.

14-Jan-15
It can be done. As I mentioned they wanted to see an export permit from BC. I am not sure who issues it but assume it is BC game dept. U.S. Customs knows the rules. Just do it the right way and you won't have a problem.

• Sitka Gear