kota-man 19-Jan-15
Bou'bound 20-Jan-15
Mike Vines 20-Jan-15
Fuzzy 20-Jan-15
BLACKBEAR 28-Jan-15
bb 28-Jan-15
Fuzzy 29-Jan-15
19-Jan-15
Finally decided on an outfitter and am going to put a deposit down on a hunt for a fly-in archery moose hunt in Newfoundland. I'm really not sure what dates to go with, I'm thinking the first week of October since I went the week earlier last year and didn't hit the rut. If you had to pick one week for the best chance at a moose in Newfoundland, what week would you pick?

19-Jan-15
I go 5th to 12th of Oct.

20-Jan-15
9/26-10/2

20-Jan-15
What is your guy's rational for picking those dates?

20-Jan-15
keep the data coming. I am looking at Oct 2016

28-Jan-15
2487 I WENT IN 2012 LAST WEEK SEPT AND IT WAS GREAT BUT IF I WAS TO GO AGAIN I WOULD PICK 1ST WEEK OCT

28-Jan-15
I think that last week of sept, to 1st week of Oct is on average, best for a rut hunt. It's hard to predict from 1 year to the next.

If I can get away when I want to, I would pick the 1st or second week of sept. The bulls usually are not with cows yet but they are call-able at that time. I think they are actually easier to call in then, rather than the height of the rut.

With that being said, it's hard to pick a bad date any where from beginning of Sept to early to mid November, just different tactics need to be used. The weather is the biggest hurdle in any given week.

29-Jan-15
Brian, pm me re: June trip btw

• Sitka Gear