Full_Curl 27-Feb-15
SteveB 27-Feb-15
chasin bugles 27-Feb-15
'Ike' (Phone) 01-Mar-15
Bill in MI 01-Mar-15
LongbowLes 01-Mar-15
BO-N-ARO 02-Mar-15
08-Feb-15
Hi guys. I’ve been through many of the old posts but didn’t find this discussed anywhere…

I have a mid 50 inch bull ready to take to the taxidermist. I’m going with a right turn and have narrowed it down to either a semi-sneak or sneak position. Space is not a factor. I just haven’t seen very many moose mounts up close and in person. Any thoughts from some of you that have been down this road before? Might be my only one so I want to do it right. Thanks!

08-Feb-15

MTNRCHR's embedded Photo
MTNRCHR's embedded Photo
I went with the semi-sneak. The chest of mine is a little over 4 ft. tall and it sticks off the wall 5ft to the nose.

08-Feb-15
Sweet looking mount Travis!

09-Feb-15
I also chose the semi-sneak. That form gives the antlers a better angle for viewing.

09-Feb-15

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
If you are putting him up pretty high, I like a full sneak pose. IMO, I think that you can see the animal's features better.

Here is my bull from this past fall. Full sneak, right turn. I had it altered by offsetting the shoulders. I liked the look better plus by doing that, it helped to turn the bull to where he was facing a little more to the center of the room instead of more to the right.

09-Feb-15

JimboMN's embedded Photo
JimboMN's embedded Photo
this is s sneak with a left turn

09-Feb-15

bradbear's embedded Photo
bradbear's embedded Photo
also sneak left turn

09-Feb-15
Thanks guys. Keep the posts coming. I think I can look at moose mounts all day and not get tired of it.

09-Feb-15
The top of the back for the mount will be about 12 feet off the floor. So depending how long the back of the mount is from top of back to brisket will determine how high off the floor it'll be to the bottom of the brisket.

09-Feb-15
If he's up high, get him looking down towards the ground some. great mount.

09-Feb-15
My logs are stacked 10 ft high which comes to the bottom of the chest. Then its another 4 ft above that.

11-Feb-15
MTNRCHR - Do you by chance know what brand of form yours is mounted with?

11-Feb-15
No I don't.

11-Feb-15
I really like how you can see the front of the legs and arm pit areas. Anybody else know what form this might be in MTNRCHR's post above?

11-Feb-15

W8N4RUT's embedded Photo
W8N4RUT's embedded Photo

12-Feb-15
I told my taxi I wanted a full shoulder, semi sneak, slight left turn and this is what I got.

12-Feb-15
That is like asking, what is the best position for sex.

12-Feb-15
For sex, it seems like most of the time, full sneak or at least semi sneak is involved for me!

12-Feb-15
The only similarity between sex and taxidermy around my place is the wait..

Semi sneak is the correct answer as it applies to moose. The straight on moose in the headlights erect neck pose is so 1800's!

12-Feb-15

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
Semi sneak, right turn on the moose. I think it is a McKenzie form, but it is not written on my taxi receipt. I now always try to get the form ID on the receipt.

His brisket is about 7' above the floor.

12-Feb-15

LongbowLes's embedded Photo
LongbowLes's embedded Photo
Here's mine 1800's style and my good woman.

14-Feb-15
Awesome posts guys... cracking me up!

I really like how more of the shoulder and armpits show in some of the mounts over the others.

14-Feb-15
A sneak left or right turn with the ears facing back and tight against the neck will make it look like it is coming in for a fight, also if it shows a little of the white of the eyes will even add more to the effect. The appearance of the rocking of the head from side to side if you have the room will show off the size of the rack more also. I wish I would have taken photos of that mount.....

14-Feb-15
Full Curl - Not sure what the name of the form is, but that is a ''wall pedestal'' style mount. I have zebra and kudu mounts that are similar. Asked my taxi for a wall pedestal and that is what I got.

14-Feb-15

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
I don't have a house nice enough to display my New Hampshire bull properly, but I intend mine to be the centerpiece of my future game room, so I did not turn mine. He is facing forward. I do not like my deer mounts like that, but IMO it works very well for moose. Also, I doubt I'll take another one this size since I'm a DIY guy. Might want to consider the straight forward for similar reasons.

14-Feb-15
Full Curl here's the forum your looking for http://rmi-online.com/g-2687.html I have mine mounted on it also. It is a massive forum and I think is the Only forum that shows the moose's true size.

14-Feb-15
try again http://rmi-online.com/ If the link don't work, Research Mannikins sells them it's designer was Robert Holshauser.

14-Feb-15

Stekewood's Link
For easier reference. Click above.

14-Feb-15
^^Thanks that's what I tried to do.

15-Feb-15
Yep, you guys got it... research mannikins. That's the one I was looking for. Thank you! Now I just have to make a final decision on semi or full sneak. Thanks again!

16-Feb-15
I am headed to BC in septmeber. If im able to get a bull i am going to go with a strait semi sneak. I know i wont live in my house for another 5 years or so, and if i go with strait it will work in any room in the future.

16-Feb-15

Medicinemann's embedded Photo
Might be rather grainy.....but I had my bull mounted in a very aggressive posture, which is how he was acting when I shot him. My photograph doesn't do it justice.....it is a really cool position that many moose assume when being challenged, but I don't see mounts of this nature....though I don't know why....

The majority of my mounts are done the way the animal was at some point in time during my hunt.

16-Feb-15

A different view hopefully showing the aggressive posture a little better.....

16-Feb-15
Medicineman wins in my book. I like the tilt. If I get a moose, will go with the tilt.

16-Feb-15

Herdbull's embedded Photo
Here are my bulls, one is more upright and the other semi-sneak. I have a loft to get up right next to them so you get many perspectives. I did my own taxidermy and the semi-sneak right turn is from Research Manikins.

16-Feb-15

16-Feb-15

16-Feb-15

16-Feb-15

16-Feb-15
Great mounts guys!!! Thanks for sharing. I really like that Research Manikins form!!

27-Feb-15

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
Low ceiling semi-sneak left turn

27-Feb-15
Great mount!! Love those cupped pans.

27-Feb-15
Thank you!

27-Feb-15
Trick question... Moose look best euro'd,

01-Mar-15
Some great mounts...

01-Mar-15
LongbowLes,

Is there a moose in your photo?

I someone in full sneak mode though.

01-Mar-15
A couple of my best trophies...

02-Mar-15
I really think the head down shows a moose antler the best. Hanging a moose high is in my opinion not a good choice for the same reason.

• Sitka Gear