Mr. Whitetail 04-May-15
ollie 04-May-15
R. Hale 04-May-15
bradbear 04-May-15
bigkev42 04-May-15
Toby 06-May-15
Sparky27 06-May-15
02-May-15
I am looking to book a BC Archery moose hunt in two years. I have killed a nice 52" bull with my longbow about 10 years ago in Ontario with Alex Gouthro. I love moose hunting and have been about 5 times. Also hunted with Tao and still remember those adventures. I turn 55 in two years and that will be my present. I have read some of the threads about Northern BC Outfitters and I'm trying to decide on one. Sounds like Cassiar Stone is a good one. Which ones really cater to bowhunters? I would like an opportunity for a bigger bull and also the remoteness of BC. Thank you!

02-May-15
I've heard good things about Sugar Valley.

02-May-15
Have a fine 55th!

02-May-15
Sent you a message....

02-May-15
Bigger than a 52 inch Canada Moose is no easy feat anywhere! But your best odds are in northern BC. Check out Pink Mountain (sponsor) who has an A1 hunt and they are avid bowhunters. Lloyd and his family will great you right. They book up a year or two in advance now.

02-May-15
Look at Gunson Guiding - He has some awesome moose country and really good folks!

02-May-15
Had a great hunt with Gundahoo River Outfitters. Shot my moose at 15 yards . Had a 60"+ moose across a valley that we couldn't call in any closer. Fly-in camps. 1x1

02-May-15
I hunted last year with Sugar Valley out of Atlin. Good operation, certainly would recommend them. As others have stated, it may be hard to too a 52" moose in BC regardless of outfitter. Can it be done, you bet, but don't count on it. You want a real big boy you will have to suck it up and pay out a little more cash and hit the Yukon or AK. But northern BC is beautiful and does have some good moose, so good luck however you go!

--Jim

02-May-15
North West Big Game Outfitters, Jack Goodwin. The biggest moose in BC.I would be looking that way if you want to kill a cranker.

02-May-15
Jim Were you successful with SV?

02-May-15
I am booked for tuchodi River outfitters next year. I heard some good things and there are a few on here who had great hunts with them.

I was actually thinking of the Yukon first but really liked what I saw and read about tuchodi and what they have to offer.

Good luck in your search and on your trip!

02-May-15
I went with Gundahoo but shot mine with rifle. Sure could be done with bow with some effort. Great outfitter and great bulls. Can't say enough good about Art and Crystal and the area they hunt

02-May-15
I too went with Gundahoo and had a great hunt, took a 54 incher. Actually turned Bradbear and hunterdad onto Art

03-May-15
Thank you! I have contacted some of the above and heard back from two of them so far; Gunson and Cassiar Stone.

03-May-15
Highly recommend Tuchodi River Outfitters. Great people, incredible hunting and camps. Have fun!

04-May-15
Gunson guiding has a great area with big Bulls . We'll run camp..

04-May-15
Sikanni River is the best value and has great moose and people. Tuchodi is a bit more expensive, but it has great moose and people as well. Sugar Valley has probably the best moose and again great people to hunt with, but its the most expensive of the 3. A big plus to Sugar Valley is they do not have point restrictions. If anyone has ever had to pass up a giant moose because he is only a 9x9, then you know how important that is.

04-May-15
As mentioned above, Jack Goodwin of North West Big Game outfitters has a tremendous Moose area. Closest your going to get to an Alaskan-Yukon. His area is located in the far northwest corner of BC. I shot a 60" there in 2012.

04-May-15
Contact Bowhunting Safari Consultants. They book moose hunts in BC for a good many outfits. They could help steer you in the right direction.

04-May-15
Have not hunted BC in a long time. All things being equal, I recommend finding an area with the most difficult R access. In many BC hunts, resident pressure was always a huge negative factor and I understand it is worse now.

04-May-15
BSC had me book with Gundahoo

04-May-15
Thanks again for all the great info. I did speak with Jack Goodwin and liked him but his hunts are about another $4000 more than the others. round $16 K vs 11-13K.

06-May-15
Shane Black in BC Safaris also has a great hunts for moose

06-May-15

Sparky27's Link
I know the folks at North River Outfitting and would recommend them. Their area is also far northern BC in a vast wilderness area along the Yukon border. Great area, big moose, comfortable camp and awesome people. The amount of game there is incredible. www.HuntNorthRiver.com

• Sitka Gear