Ambush 04-Sep-15
'Ike' (Phone) 04-Sep-15
elmer@laptop 04-Sep-15
'Ike' (Phone) 04-Sep-15
'Ike' (Phone) 04-Sep-15
elmer@laptop 04-Sep-15
'Ike' (Phone) 04-Sep-15
03-Sep-15
What's your experience with using moose scent? I have a Wyoming tag this year and was wondering if it is worth the effort or just try to call a bull in? Inquiring minds want to know....thanks ahead of time

03-Sep-15
About 7 years ago I went hunting in Ontario for moose. I found a spot that looked pretty good down a trail not far off the lake, with tracks. I dumped a bunch of this stuff, I think it was from code blue - moose mare scent. Anyway, I kicked up the dirt and dumped a bunch of this stuff on the ground. I let out some cow calls and bull grunts. I set up a camera. Well we came back to this spot a few days later and there were a bunch of fresh moose tracks there. Unfortunately I didn't turn the camera on. My friend hunted the spot, but didn't see anything. Never did even so much as see a moose on that hunt.

I got the idea to do what I did from another guy on bowsite at the time. They did the same thing, got pics of the moose, and ended up killing him a few days later.

Best of luck!

Kevin

03-Sep-15
HS, sent you a PM...

04-Sep-15
My buddy and I use cow moose in heat scent every year here in Alaska. Combined with calling it is very effective. but, we don't use it like you describe. We put it on scent rags and put those in a line. We freshen them up every evening. Over the 25 years we have been doing this, between me and my buddy and his wife we have taken bulls in all but 4 seasons. In 3 of the 25 seasons we have taken 2 bulls.

It works, it helps and I wouldn't leave home without it!!

04-Sep-15
Yes, absolutely. Buck Expert, mare in heat urine.

Buy several dozen non-scented tampons. Dunk the tampon into the bottle and then tie, with the string, at head height all around your area. We call it 'chumming".

Sneak into the area early in the morning and cow call. Give it plenty of time, because sometimes bulls come from a long ways away. But often enough there will be one in the area of the scent.

04-Sep-15
Difference in synthetic to real or the Mare scent?

04-Sep-15
Synthetic is nowhere near as effective as the real stuff!

04-Sep-15
Didn't think it would be, but only thing I've found so far....

04-Sep-15
Scratch that, found some....

04-Sep-15
Do a Google search for Harmon's cow moose in heat. That is what we use, and it seems, in our experience, to be the most effective of all the moose scents we have used over the years.

It is sold at casscreek.com.

04-Sep-15
Elmer, thanks that's even better on CassCreek...

• Sitka Gear