BB 15-Sep-15
'Ike' (Phone) 15-Sep-15
Tilzbow 16-Sep-15
Matt 16-Sep-15
EmbryOklahoma 16-Sep-15
15-Sep-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
IKE, here is one I took just this evening. Notice you can no longer see the blood and they are starting to polish the antlers a bit. In a week or so most of the white will be gone except for the tips.

And these are Wyoming moose residing in Utah! These moose migrated into Utah in the late 80's or early 90's. I think they came from the Ham's Fork/Cokeville area, into the Medicine Butte area and then into Utah Via Monte Cristo and have spread south past American Fork Canyon.

I spotted this moose from my truck and he was way down in a drainage. So I hiked down, without any rain gear or camera protection. I just got set up and starting taking photos and it started to rain and it looked so black, I had to leave to protect my camera. Once I got back to my truck it had stopped but it was too far to do it again before dark.

Good luck to you and all moose hunters. Be sure to tell the other moose hunters I wish them good luck. But since I promised not to tease them anymore, I can.t tell them on a thread where I know they will look. I know only you will open this thread, so be sure to wish them well from me. Ha Ha

Have a great bow hunt. BB

15-Sep-15
Haaaaa, thanks Bill! That's a heck of a Bull....I'll be sure to let the others know! ;-)

15-Sep-15
Sorry...if it says moose I have to look.

15-Sep-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

15-Sep-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

15-Sep-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

15-Sep-15
In two weeks, I would LOVE to have the shot in the second pic...

15-Sep-15

BB's Link
Here's a video done by a couple friends of mine. I think you moose lovers will enjoy it. Its well worth your time to view I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ghf6co11Ig

15-Sep-15
Bill you hearing any cows starting to call?

15-Sep-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Ike that bull I saw last night was with a cow and calf, but up till then they have been by themselves or with another bull. And no I think its still about a week away before they really start to get with it. But once they do it comes on fast!

Here's a photo of the cow and calf. They were laying down about 40 yards above the small pond, where I took this bulls photo.

15-Sep-15
Thanks Bill....

16-Sep-15
Bill, since I leave for unit 101 in Montana soon I HAD to look... Sorry...

Anyway I hope I'm forgiven and thanks for posting!

16-Sep-15
I thought I was going to find a picture of Big G in a bikini.

16-Sep-15
If it says "Ike" I'm looking. :)

Good luck, Ike!

• Sitka Gear