Foot Shooter 19-Dec-15
Bowboy 19-Dec-15
t-roy 19-Dec-15
Matt 19-Dec-15
Halibutman 20-Dec-15
15-Dec-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo
Here are some of the bulls taken with Cassiar Stone Outfitters this fall...All Canadian Moose, of course.

15-Dec-15
Well, the first one got my attention...BRUTE.

15-Dec-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo
This is the outfit I hunted with in 2014.. More photos coming!

15-Dec-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo

15-Dec-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo

15-Dec-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo

15-Dec-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo

15-Dec-15

Tatonka's embedded Photo
Tatonka's embedded Photo

15-Dec-15
Wow, some HUGE moose there! I want one!!!

15-Dec-15
SchaaaWING!!!

15-Dec-15
OFFHNTNx2!

Mark

15-Dec-15
Great big bulls!

How many bowhunters do they typically take? (photos look like mainly rifle hunters?) What is the bowhunter success rate on moose over the past 3 years?

Thanks!

15-Dec-15
They take bowhunters, of course, but I have no idea what their success rate is. You'd have to contact them and ask them that. I'm sure I could have killed my moose with a bow when I was there and I also could have killed two other large bulls.. Unfortunately old age has taken its toll and I can no longer shoot a bow. I have 6 bows hanging in my garage.. While I was there, the other guide called in a nice bull to within 30 yards that an elderly hunter from NY state killed with a rifle.

I just posted these photos for people's viewing pleasure to show what Northern British Columbia has to offer.

15-Dec-15
Who is the owner or manager of that concession now?

15-Dec-15
This area is incredible for moose and mountain caribou. I got both animals this season (2015) with my rifle. I saw over a dozen bull moose in 4 days of hunting. 3 came inside of 65 yards. For a really big Canadian moose, this is THE outfit. The guys I've dealt with are John Shapansky (sp?) and Dennis (don't remeber his last name....Dalen maybe?). Great place. Nothing but positive things to say about them.

15-Dec-15
Wow.

15-Dec-15
No Greg Fournier involved there?

15-Dec-15
Yes, John and Dennis run CSO. I'm not sure if they are the owners or just run it, do the booking, etc. I wasn't quite clear when the guides were talking about it, but I think Dennis either owns CSO or maybe owns it with another man. I think they bought it a couple years ago. They treated me like royalty.. Not only lots of moose in their area but lots of BIG moose!

Their facebook photos are very impressive. They take some absolutely gorgeous Stone Sheep in their area along with the moose, caribou, etc. Stone Sheep are out of my price range and I'm too dang old to tackle those mountains....

19-Dec-15
Thanks for the post! Very Impressive for Canada Moose!

19-Dec-15
Crazy large moose, must be very close to the alaskan/yukon moose border line, they look like Yukon moose

19-Dec-15
This entire post is making it seem much longer till I get there next September......... Not with CSO but another outfitter in the same region of northern BC.

Some really nice Moose here, I hope to be posting some similar pics about 11 months 2 weeks and 2 days from now!!

Keep posting them up.

19-Dec-15
Those are some great bulls!

19-Dec-15

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Looking forward to your pics next year Bill!

I hunted with CSO over 10 years ago & killed a smaller bull with my bow. Saw an absolute giant & got to within 120 yards of him but couldn't close the deal with the bow. Could have easily shot him with the guide's rifle. Beautiful country & the horseback trip was a great experience.

My guide Neil was great. He made the trip even more enjoyable. He was not experienced with bowhunters but was open to suggestions. I was not impressed at all with the outfitter. I am pretty sure it has changed hands since then though.

19-Dec-15
How much do their moose hunts run? I don't see it on the website.

20-Dec-15
That's my bull being tied down on the horse. I don't mind it being posted here by someone else, but I think that's a strange practice. I killed it with a rifle, like I said, and I didn't really see it as something fit for sharing on a forum for archery hunting.

He was a really huge bull. He net scored 211". I shot him at 330 yards with a high powered rifle in an area where it would have been nearly impossible to effectively bow kill him.

• Sitka Gear