Contributors to this thread:
Helihunter84 06-Aug-16
Deathmoan 06-Aug-16
Helihunter84 06-Aug-16
Deathmoan 06-Aug-16
Flatbow 06-Aug-16
Helihunter84 06-Aug-16
06-Aug-16
Hey fellas, new guy to the forum here and looking for some input from you guys who have been around the block a time or two in AK. I/we have narrowed our search for an outfitter of a Self guide/DIY hunt down to "Alaskas Lake Country Lodge" with Jeremy Davis out of Port Alsworth, AK. Anyone out there have any history with them?? Also curious about unit 17......17B to be a little more specific. I've talked to 4 or 5 pretty reputable outfitters over the past week and I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible before committing.. I'm sure y'all can relate. Any help would be great!!

06-Aug-16
A lot depends on what your hunting.

06-Aug-16
Yeah I guess it would help if I include what I'm hunting....going after a moose. I understand I can harvest some other critters with the tag but I'll probably only be hunting for moose. Planning a 2017 hunt. You know much about that outfit or that area?? Thanks in advance

06-Aug-16
Farther west you go better it seems to get. Wade renfro has a great rep for good moose drop hunts as well. Illimana area has good moose as well. Moose are all about timing good weather and calling can bring them in for miles. Wrong weather and you won't see a single one. Western Alaska is a beautiful place. I have a friend who guides for Jeremy, jeremy been at it a while. I'm sure they can find moose like country at least!! Lol

06-Aug-16
I have hunted with Jeremy twice. this year will be the 3rd. I will say that I FULLY trust Jeremy as a pilot and enjoy flying with him. He has one of the nicest Cubs I have ever been in. Great guy...

06-Aug-16
Thanks for the info guys, very helpful. My dad has been in touch with Jeremy over the past week and I think he may have talked to a couple of references.

Deathmoan do you think your friend would mind me contacting him to pick his brain a little bit on his past experience with Jeremy??

Flatbow would you mind if me or my dad called you one evening and talked with you a little about your past two hunts?

From what I've heard from you guys and a couple others I'm pretty sure we're gonna do business with Jeremy. I talked to Russ Meyer with Renfros a couple of days ago and really like what I've heard on them. A couple of things have pushed us toward Jeremy though, one being the ability to glass from a ridge top. Russ says that Renfros puts you right down in moose country, which is equally "good" but it didn't sound like there would be much of a vantage point to spot them from afar.....just two different styles of hunting I guess. Either way, between the two I'm sure they'd both put us on a bull or two. Thanks again fellas. My number is 501 289 1741 if yall know anyone bored and ready to talk up Jeremy Davis!! Haha

• Sitka Gear