Blacktail Bob 04-Sep-16
Blacktail Bob 04-Sep-16
weekender21 06-Sep-16
Blacktail Bob 06-Sep-16
weekender21 07-Sep-16
01-Sep-16

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Lisa took this photo from inside the cabin the other day. I had him at about 45 yards but couldn't get him out of the lake for a shot. He ended up winding me and swam to the other side of the lake.

If I kill an elk early in Oregon, I'll be back out there before the end of season to kill one of these.

01-Sep-16

Front view of the same bull.

01-Sep-16
What a front yard

01-Sep-16
Sweet! That mooses days are numbered! Get em Bob!

01-Sep-16

This is the view to the north. Thats Denali at just over 20,000 feet in elevation.

01-Sep-16
Good luck Bob, keep us posted.

01-Sep-16
Actually, I hope to find one bigger than that one. Hugh's brother Scott is going to kill that one.

02-Sep-16
Very cool Bob! Would have made for an easy packing job....maybe!

How wide do you think that bull is? We are headed out for moose in little over a week and we have a 50" minimum or 4 brows. My guess is 56".

02-Sep-16
I dont think he's that wide. I have an any bull tag so I would have shot him if I'd of had a good shot.

I think he's right around 50, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. As a result, I would not have shot him with just a harvest tag. I think he has three brow points on the left side, so he would have been legal that way too. Would not be legal in a 4 brow point area.

Where your hunting I think if you see a bull of this size you should pass. The next year, after one more year of growth, this bull will look way, way bigger.

03-Sep-16
Thanks Bob!

04-Sep-16
Do you have a winch at your cabin so you can get him out of the water? If you're comfortable at 45 yards, that first image looked like a pretty doable shot.

04-Sep-16
Not much of a target there. Where you'd want to hit was under water.

Although the bull wasn't swimming right there, he wasn't far from being in deep enough water where he would be swimming. Not legal to shoot while swimming.

04-Sep-16
Awesome Bob, looks and sounds like you are living the dream!

04-Sep-16
I didn't answer the question asked.

Yes, I have a winch on the front of my Polaris Boss six wheeler. I doubt if shot there in the lake the bull would have died in the lake. Maybe. I would have had to go swimming if he did. I've done that before.

04-Sep-16

Here's a photo pf the interior of the Moose Hunter Cabin at Lisa Lake. Its available next September for two people on a DIY basis moose hunt at a whole lot less than a guided hunt in the same unit.

06-Sep-16
Great pictures Bob. I can't wait to see Lisa lake again one of these days, what a cool place!

06-Sep-16

Andy,

Thanks, this is what the guest cabin looks like inside now.

07-Sep-16
Impressive, you guys have been working hard!

• Sitka Gear