Korey Wolfe 29-Sep-16
Korey Wolfe 29-Sep-16
Korey Wolfe 29-Sep-16
Korey Wolfe 29-Sep-16
Korey Wolfe 29-Sep-16
Kurt 29-Sep-16
20-Sep-16

Korey Wolfe's Link
Last fall I hunted moose with archery tackle in Alberta with Smoky River Outfitters. I sure am glad my guide Grant Bowie insisted on carrying the rifle for backup.

It was a memorable hunt!

20-Sep-16
daaannnngggg...... glad ur safe man...

20-Sep-16
Crazy!

20-Sep-16
Yep I woulda been shaking. Glad it turned out the way it did! Was your guide a bit rattled? Sweet video btw. Love the wilderness shots

21-Sep-16
Grant and I were both pretty shook up afterwards. I don't think I've ever had so much adrenaline before as I literally felt like I was floating. I always wondered how I would react in a situation like this and always envisioned myself tripping or something, but everything was in super slow motion and I felt invincible.

I couldn't stop thinking about my kids and wife for the remained of the trip. My head was no longer in the game and that sucked.

21-Sep-16
Well that's one hunt you'll never forget, glad everything went ok.

21-Sep-16
Had one do that while fishing in Kamchatka Russia. Two charges. Was a young bear. Fortunately one of the guys with us had an AK. It took several shots close to the bear to finally scare it away.

21-Sep-16
Really enjoyed the video. Glad everyone made it out safe

23-Sep-16
It was by far the most intense situation I've ever experienced hunting! I mean how exciting can whitetail hunting get?

29-Sep-16

Korey Wolfe's embedded Photo
I'm a huge fan of trail cameras for whitetails back home, but on this trip I was really pleased with the diversity of species it picked up while we were out hunting.

29-Sep-16

29-Sep-16

29-Sep-16

29-Sep-16
These mule deer does were less than 30 yards from the camper where we slept for the week.

29-Sep-16

29-Sep-16

29-Sep-16

I would have been perfectly happy if this was the only encounter I had with a grizzly bear during my hunt, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Anyone in the know on grizzlies? What can you tell me about this bear? Age? Sex? Weight? This one looks bigger than the one that charged us, but it was less than 400 yards from the incident.

29-Sep-16
Corey, looks like a big butt.....usually a sow but little to go on. They also have slimmer "wrists" (front ankles) and a more slender head than a boar. Little else I can say about it from the photos views on my phone. I do understand the rush as I still get it around Grizzlies. Even viewing them at a mile or two!

• Sitka Gear