gettreed 21-Mar-08
dennisomfs 21-Mar-08
carbonarcher 04-Apr-08
notags 21-Apr-08
15-Mar-08

Kiteman's Link
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mountainlion2007.asp

15-Mar-08
LOL, got the same story from Kentucky. Who knows the truth?

15-Mar-08
Read the "ORIGINS"--it explains the truth (with sources quoted at the end), then tells all the other places it got twisted into.

15-Mar-08
"8 inch paws" now thats funny

15-Mar-08
You're right, az--maybe front to back...

15-Mar-08
Yep, I read the origins. I just don't believe it. The website says it all. But, to each his own.

15-Mar-08
Got it in an email claiming to be hit near Eagle River, WI!

15-Mar-08
CAts not near that big . Probably 150 or less.

15-Mar-08
FYI

Snopes.com is one of the most-if not THE most- respected investigative sites in the country. They specialize in separating internet fact from fiction.

15-Mar-08
The only cat with a paw 8" across doesn't live in North America or anywhere else except maybe in the ice age. Someone else here can probably confirm but I doubt an African lion has a paw that big.Nice cat but nowhere as big as the article makes it out to be.LC

15-Mar-08
Guys, I don't want to start a war of words, but that is a big lion. His paw measurements probably aren't right, but he sure weighs more than 150 pounds. I have seen several of them, and that one is a trophy.

16-Mar-08
Fact is he was hit by a car in northern AZ. Estimated at 220 pounds. Guy holding him is a taxidermist who did the skinning.

16-Mar-08
bullelk, I agree with you. I've seen alot of lions and that is a huge cat! Easily breaking the 150 lbs. I dont think the paw measurements are even close but that is a nice cat! I'd stick him!

16-Mar-08
The important thing to keep focused on is that is it's dead. Hundreds of deer will be saved for hunting.

16-Mar-08
i bet that paw is 7" across. that's a big cat, look at it in relation to the person. easily 150#. just by the pics, i would guess much closer to 200# and it wouldn't surprise if it were more.

i'm simply amazed an F350 could take it down! i figured the power joke engine would puff smoke and quit. i bet a cummins came afterwards and finished it off and then towed the ford home.

21-Mar-08
coming from a Southwest state makes sense, since it happend in nov or dec, look how short his hair is especially belly hair. If he came from colder climate it would be much longer in winter months. as old as he looks I'm surprised he was hit on a highway, I'm sure it wasn't the first time he'd crossed one.

21-Mar-08
...probably hit by a pontiac aztec after he stopped to laugh....but I agree...that is a Big cat !

04-Apr-08
Thats one hell of a cat, no doubt about it, I'd believe it broke the 200lb mark. The most difficult part of the story for me to believe is it took 3 guys to load the dang thing. How in the hell do these guys get a deer loaded when hunting alone? Must take a dozen of'em to load an elk. You guys all little people down in AZ? LOL

21-Apr-08
carbon, yep, it's evolution. Just like animals tend to be smaller in hotter climates due to minimizing body exposure to the heat, us Arizonans have started shrinking as well. In another 100 years, us locals will be rivaling the pigmies and the abos in stature. If global warming continues, we'll look like the Oompa Loompas, little, short people scorched redish brown from the sun. It will all be self regulating, since our game animals will be shrinking too, a bull elk will go 200 on the hoof, and our already small Coues deer will be the size of a jackrabbit.

• Sitka Gear