BoostedRob 14-Feb-10
BoostedRob 14-Feb-10
BoostedRob 14-Feb-10
BoostedRob 14-Feb-10
07-Feb-10

Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
Byron Stewart does it again.

It's simply amazing how this guy just keeps catching such awesome cats.

07-Feb-10
WHAT WAS THE SKULL......

WEIGHT /

07-Feb-10
one of three things here:

*That is a midget (little person) holding that cat. *Super Duper Chuck Adams Photography

OR

THAT IS ONE HUGE CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing Byron's track record it is the latter.

Any way you look at it that is one great cat.

07-Feb-10
what a toad!

08-Feb-10
man it looks like he's really straining his milk on that one. YOU GUYS POSTING THESE THREADS HAVE GOT TO START ADDING SIZE AND WEIGHT PLEASE!!!!!!!! that thing is a monster!!!!You would have NO CHANCE IF THAT THING WAS TO PUT THE SNEAK ON YOU. some day I will make a try on one...

08-Feb-10
wow, that's a monster. Putting a arrow thru that giant had to be a thrill!....congrats

08-Feb-10
Absolutely the most amazing trophy I have ever seen. Speechless, well can't print my first response. This animal is incedible. My congrats to the hunter and guides. From a lion hunter of limited experiences, thanks for the post, I am stunned. AA

08-Feb-10
Huge !

08-Feb-10
Wow, even the TAIL is huge.

I'm really happy for the hunter who killed him.

He sure does look happy. His smile has me smiling at his success. What an awesome animal.

Super

08-Feb-10
Byron sent me an email last night with photos of a dozen big toms he has caught this year (so far) and they're all toads. He'll have all of them on his website soon but I wanted to post the one above because it's such a pig.

No weight or skull size was included. I seriously doubt that many cats actually get weighed because they get broken down in the bush and no one's gonna lug a scale on a chase.

But I do know what that cat weighs and so does anyone else who sees the photo....enough!

08-Feb-10
I don't know what to say. If it wasn't from a such a credible source, I'd swear it was photoshopped. Absolutely beautiful.

08-Feb-10
Beautiful animal. I need to have one of those.

I notice you keep typing "catch" and "caught"...what do you mean by that? Wasn't this cat hunted and shot?

08-Feb-10
no way, that person has to be a dwarf, there's just no way.. my goodness.......Ken

08-Feb-10
No way that cat could get that big and fat on his own. I doubt if he could ever put the sneak on an elk or deer. Just to fat. Had to have some help from his buddies or called out for home delivery. What an animal!!

08-Feb-10
Sticksender, I mentioned "caught" and "catch" rather than "shot" and "killed" because I was referring to Byron in each instance and he is not the one doing the shooting. Byron is in fact "catching" these cats with his dogs and expertise and of course, the client is doing the shooting/killing.

If you need one of these and you're serious about doing the hunt then you should definitely get in touch with Byron.

08-Feb-10
Great cat. Hopefully I'll have a pic like that in 2012.

08-Feb-10
i cant tell if he got this cat in alberta or africa. great job to all involved.

08-Feb-10
Holy cripes thats a big lion. Congrats to the hunter and the outfitter.

08-Feb-10
Thanks for the explanation on the lingo and again also for the posting the pic of that gorgeous specimen. I will hope to catch and skewer one during my very own hunt within the next couple or three years ;-)

09-Feb-10
I dunno, the ears look droopy......

09-Feb-10
WOW!! what a trophy. Must of been living on HUGE ALBERTA whitetail & mule deer!! Ha! Congrats to hunter & outfitter.

Graham Brigden

09-Feb-10
that cat is a monster.

the photo, though does not do it justice as it looks like it is twice the size of the man and that cheapens the whole thing in my opinion. it is not a 400-500# cat but the photo comically makes it look like one.

09-Feb-10
Photo shopped. Nobody can smile like that holding up that much weight. Sweet Cat - Congrats 8^)

09-Feb-10
holy sheet batman.....that's incredible. wouldn't want to get attacked by that thing.

09-Feb-10
Byron takes some huge cats, BUT him and his boys also know how to take a picture.

09-Feb-10

Admittedly, I'm a big fan of Byron and I don't want to be over sensitive regarding any criticism but honestly, how do you make a cat like that look too big?

The pose is your standard "hug the cougar" shot that everyone takes. Here is another huge cat Byron caught last year, Same pose, similar size tom and same awesome and impressive photo.

09-Feb-10

Here is a photo of the tom I killed last January with Byron. Again, same pose, but although this is a big mature tom, obviously this is a smaller cat than the other two.

I'm 5'10" and weigh around 190. This cat was not weighed but I am pretty sure he was over 150-160 lbs cause I was the guy lifting/holding him and I was lifting my guide up at the same time for some comparison.

Like I said, I'm not sure what these two cats above weighed but I think they are similar in size and I've never seen any sort of photo of a Cougar that looked any bigger. 200 lbs gets tossed around a lot and I'm not sure if there is such an animal but if there is, I bet it would look a lot like these two giants.

Grant, at least you were able to find something "cheap" about Byron's hunt!

09-Feb-10
Chris...If you notice, a common theme on Byron's cat photos is that they are all shot from the ground up which makes them look even bigger than they are.

Don't get me wrong, the cats these guys take are huge, but the photo positions make them look gynormous. Again, I'm a Bryron believer, he takes the largest of cats more consistantly than ANYONE else in the business and if I was going to hunt cats again, it would be with Byron. His photos can make an average cat look like a BIG cat.

09-Feb-10
Read my post above and feel I need a disclaimer:

I don't think any of the above cats are average cats enhanced by a photo. I think the above cats are HUGE cats slightly enhanced by the photo.

Chris...I can't get enough of these huge cat pics you continue to post from Byron's hunts. Keep them coming.

09-Feb-10
they guy is the best in the business bar none. most expensive but worth every cent. a rare combination.

my point is he does not need to play photo games anymore than chuck adams needs to wide angle lens at arms reach world record animals.

09-Feb-10

Kota, here's another one Byron made look big with his trick photography! (Not from a low angle, BTW)

Look at the tail on this thing, just unreal.

If you want to see a pile more, just go on Byron's website: www.tntoutfitting.com

09-Feb-10

And here's another one from a low angle and this one looks puny!

09-Feb-10
C'mon man...that last one has spots...Not even the King of Photage himself (Chuck Adams) could make that cat look big. I think if you look close you can even see milk on it's whiskers... :)

I've seen all Byrons photos. I've also seen two cats in person that he caught and killed that were no where near as big as the photos made them look.

I agree 100% with Grant...Byron does not need to "Chuck" any of the cats he takes when he's killing the biggest cats on the continent. I agree with you, the second to last photo is not "Chuck'd"...It is just a plain ol huge cat. You have to admit MOST of the typical poses Byron takes (ie - guy holding cat) are shot from the ground up. I don't have a problem with it, I wish every good outfitter knew how to take pictures to make my animals look gynormous.

The tails are these cats are one of the things that I simply just cannot get over. Absolutely huge.

12-Feb-10
I thought everybody knew Byron has a Master's Degree in photography, and a Bachelor's in Photoshop.

Pretty soon we're gonna be expected to take pictures with the hunter standing next to a tape measure,so we can tell how tall he is, and have the cat on a scale. All while having the camera at eye-level. I'll remember that when I go up there next year.(sarcasm)

12-Feb-10
Fairly petty turn of events. Obviously, an outstanding animal. That cannot be overstated.

13-Feb-10
Takes a big man to give credit where its due, not so much of a man to try and take it away.

I am certain if this "photo houdini" guys clients agreed the cats arent "as big as they look," they would speak up. Fact they haven't speaks volumes about the quality of cats being taken.

14-Feb-10
I've stated MANY times I want to take NOTHING away from the above cats...They are huge...They aren't 400 lbs huge like the photos suggest, but they are HUGE. Every last one is a beautiful cat.

As far as anybody "speaking up" to say "our animal is not as big as it looks in the picture"....good one.

My last words, just for BTS: The pictures are awesome and the cats are incredible. Byron is truely the man when it comes to hunting monster cats. The end.

14-Feb-10
Kota your optimism that your point will be finally be captured on the 8th time you make it by folks who did not get it the first 7 is a tribute to your patience and faith in human nature. LOL

14-Feb-10

BoostedRob's embedded Photo
Let's get this thread back on track and on a positive note. Here are more lions the crew at TNT guided their hunters to this year. Enjoy!

14-Feb-10

14-Feb-10

14-Feb-10

14-Feb-10