smokey111 27-Feb-11
Tradman & Huntress 28-Feb-11
25-Jan-11

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
We were called out to investigate what we can best describe as "hogicide". When we drove up, we came upon what we feel was the crime scene. Near as we can tell, the victim was feeding on corn when it was impaled through the chest by a sharp object travelling at a high rate of speed. The victim was later found bleeding profusely from the chest wound, mouth and nose, and apparently died from exanguination. All attempts to resuscitate the victim were unsuccessful.

A porkchop and sausage luncheon will be held in honor of the victim. Date and time to be announced.

-Matt and Cheryl Napper

25-Jan-11

Here is a group photo of our new (or is it Newfie?) friends from Newfoundland,Canada. Unfortunately we didn't get more pictures of the rest of their hogs, but here is (from left to right) Yves Jr., Yves Sr., Alain, Rick and Ford. We really enjoyed getting to know you guys and look forward to sharing camp with you again some time.

25-Jan-11

This is Seth from Nebraska with his big boar. Seth said he wasn't in the stand more than 15 minutes when this big beast walked by.

25-Jan-11

J-Fun also shot a big boar that same evening. I have to tell the story about his nickname 'cause it's all Matt's fault. When first introduced to Jason, Matt said "did you say, Jafon?" Apparently his buddies couldn't let that one go, so when they got here this year Jason told Matt "I've got a bone to pick with you..." and then told the story.

lol...J-Fun...

25-Jan-11
So what date do you put the time of death at on the first picture? Looks like it had been there for awhile.

25-Jan-11

Here's a better pic. We determined the time of death to be approximately 1400 hours, right before the snow started falling :)

25-Jan-11
That is probably the funniest post I've read in a long time! Any idea on suspects?

25-Jan-11
That is a classic! Nice job

26-Jan-11
Round up the usual suspects!

26-Jan-11
Is Mike Neilson in the state of Oklahoma?

Regardless of his whereabouts due to his prior record he must be detained for questioning.

I love that first pic!!!

26-Jan-11
LOL, Bowfreak! Hey, when are you coming down to seee us?

Matt

26-Jan-11
Looks like we left just in time before the snow came back. So did the Newfies get to take the meat back with them? And I think Neilson should probably be questioned as he has this thing about sticking hogs.

26-Jan-11

We are still gathering evidence, but we have a voice message that holds many of the clues. In a deep, gravely voice we can clearly make out the words "hog down at number six".

Here's Joel from Nebraska with his first hog, a real dandy!

26-Jan-11
I plead the fifth! Bad Karma I think I might need your services!!!

26-Jan-11
Don't question Mike. Just convict him and fine him lunch at the mexican restaurant next time he is down! He is a serial killer with those hogs! (or is that cereal?)

26-Jan-11
If convicted of killing hogs at Shiloh, Neilson could get the death penalty.

26-Jan-11
Matt and Cheryl,

Us Newfies had the time of our lives. Hogs were new to us but it didn't take too long to get the hang of it once we got going. Thanks again for the hospitality and we look forward to seeing you again next January or earlier if eveything works out.

Best regards,

Rick

26-Jan-11
Hey Squire looks like you brought some snow with you. We were there just bedfore you and had beautiful weather while there. Glad you had a good time. Matt and Cheryl are the best.

27-Jan-11

Well, sometimes a fire helps clear the mind. It purges the impurities to think more clearly.

27-Jan-11

Gary, "The Nebraska Assassin" Shafer with one of his nice boar!

27-Jan-11

Gary with his 2 nice boar

27-Jan-11

Gary with his very nice catalina

27-Jan-11
HI Matt and Cheryl, Gary and the guys had a great time down at the Shiloh this last weekend. I hear that Ferdinand has moved on twards the "Golden Arches".........but his legacy will remain at the Shiloh in future lil Ferds.....LOL Looking forward to May when we head your way.

Diane and Gary

28-Jan-11

Here is Bob from NE with his very nice boar

01-Feb-11

We've been busy the past two days preparing for the snow storm that hit Oklahoma last night, but now that we're back indoors I thought I'd post some pictures from this evening. Thankfully we didn't get the ice or snow that hit central and northern Oklahoma, but we got more than enough for us! Here are a couple of the hogs taken tonight. These Nebraska guys put on some good stalks and took a couple of real nice hogs. Here's Nick with his Snowklahoma hog.

01-Feb-11

Here's Boyd with his hog. Can you believe we were working in t-shirts just three days ago when it was 78 degrees?!

01-Feb-11

Check out this awesome boar taken by Brian Welte of NE.

Very nice, Brian!

02-Feb-11
Man, I'd love to see Shiloh in the snow. I know Matt and Cheryl could do without it but I bet that would be way cool stalking the hogs in the snow. Would be real interesting to see where they like to hang out in the cold. I'd bet it's chaos at the stands. Thaks for sharing those pics. C'mon June and Porkapalooza 5!

02-Feb-11

We got about 6 inches here Mike.

Here is Ray Zesch from MO with his very nice boar!

02-Feb-11

Darren with a nice hog from #4!

02-Feb-11

Jake with his first hog!

02-Feb-11
No, this is not boar pictures from Siberia. It's Shiloh hogs in the snow!

02-Feb-11

Oop's, forgot the pic!

03-Feb-11
I would love to hunt in the snow at Shiloh, but I don't need it for the drive back. We had a great time, hunt number 7 in the last 9 years. Always a lot of fun. This year we just dodged the snow, we had 78 degrees, you never know what you will get in January.

Looking forward to next year!

03-Feb-11

Nick with his nice snow hog!

06-Feb-11

Got to break ice for my cattle!

06-Feb-11

Need I say more...

06-Feb-11
Matt and Cheryl,

Please have all that white stuff removed by the time we get there next Friday. Otherwise, we will have to give Rick a shovel and put him to work. He and the rest of us are really pumped to see you guys again. I can't wait.

Think warm thoughts,

Tom

06-Feb-11
Better get ready, it's coming again Wednesday, statewide. Forecast is 6" to 12" across the whole state. I'm way past sick of it, but thank GOD for my new 4WD Ford truck!

07-Feb-11

Check out this awesome boar taken in the snow by Cody from NE. This guys were right at home during the snaow period!

Congrat's Cody!

07-Feb-11
Wow! That is a nice one..

07-Feb-11
Wow, that is an impressive snowg.

08-Feb-11

These NE boys are having a blast in the snow at Shiloh!

08-Feb-11

A pic of the group with the previous evenings bounty!

08-Feb-11

I'm not sure about this pic. Is she winking her eye at me, or giving me a dirty look?!? Oh well, as long as she's working. ;-)

08-Feb-11
Sure is fun, yet weird to hog hunt in the snow. That first pic is priceless.

08-Feb-11
Are you sure you guys didn't move to Colorado??? (It would make my drive shorter!)

09-Feb-11
I think Colorado would be nicer than now, Yode!

09-Feb-11
I don't know. It was -3 when I drove into work this morning. Of course the sun was shining and we only have 2-3" of snow... 8-)

09-Feb-11
Well, woke up to an additional 4-5" of new snow. Not as bad as first predicted though. 3 degrees here for tonight.

09-Feb-11
Matt, since Cheryl's from Michigan, she's probably used to shovelling snow. Heck, she's probably reliving some childhood memories. You don't want to take away that away from her? LOL

09-Feb-11
That's a true statement, Mike! I'll tell her I don't want to get run over in memory lane! ;-)

10-Feb-11
But she is probably saying that snow is the reason she moved south.

10-Feb-11
From watching the news, it looks like we just build a storm up here, take a little hit off of it and then send it on east where it can really cut loose!

You can say "thanks" now Matt & Cheryl!

10-Feb-11
We brought the ice storm down with us last year, I'm hoping that we can bring down some good ole spring weather next weekend. Forecast are looking good so far.

10-Feb-11
Cheryl, Glad to see the gloves Gary brought down are coming in handy!!! I always loved shoveling snow at night when it was dark, quiet and peaceful. And I could make all my neighbors feel guilty for not snow blowing me out when I was hard at work. :).......Does Matt know how to operate one of those thing too?? LOL Gonna be in the upper 40's this weekend here in Neb....Heat wave....gonna have to grab some sun screen..

11-Feb-11
Heith, it should be nice...Keeping fingers crossed!

14-Feb-11

tjp's embedded Photo
tjp's embedded Photo
Happieness is a big red bobble of Blood!!!1 Matt and cheryl we had a great time as always. Thanks for turning the heat up for us while we were there.

Tom

14-Feb-11
Uh, TJP, I think you better apply CPR to that hog. Otherwise, I don't think he's going to make it.

14-Feb-11

Yeah, the prognosis looks pretty poor for that one Tom! Congratulations again!

I've got some catching up to do on posting pics. I'll start with this one of Tracey Canaday from Colorado with the big boar he took with his Morrison recurve.

14-Feb-11

And here's Terry, also from Colorado with his nice spotted razorback.

14-Feb-11
Sorry, apparently I can't type or spell today. Still got the Shiloh High going on.

14-Feb-11

Here's Tracey with his second hog, also taken with his Morrison recurve.

14-Feb-11

Tracy's business truck from CO definately got some dirty looks here in Oklahoma as of late...You figure it out!

15-Feb-11

Here's the Tom Pleiss group from Nebraska after their first evening in the stand. Congratulations on reducing Oklahoma's problem pork population guys!

15-Feb-11
great hunt. Looks like the big red one is still out there, though. Waiting for me next month, and I'll gladly oblige.

15-Feb-11

This is Logan with a real good hog he shot. Good shootin' Logan! You really showed them old guys how it's done! :)

15-Feb-11

And here's Tom with the first of two good hogs he shot.

17-Feb-11

Tradman & Huntress's embedded Photo
Rick was real happy to take this big boar (okay, so maybe we made him laugh for the picture...).

17-Feb-11

These guys were stackin' 'em up like cordwood! Here's Chris with his hog.

18-Feb-11
Save me just one good one for June. We just had 4 days of 40-60 degrees & the snow is melting like crazy. Gets you thinking about those hogs. looks like your guests are having a very good time..Nice Hogs.

18-Feb-11
We went from -16 a week ago yesterday to almost 80 yesterday. What a difference a week makes in Kansas.

18-Feb-11
I'm still not sure what that thing is on Ricks upper lip. LIke Matt said, either the cat died or Rick has been drinking straight from the tap! Again thanks for a great time guys!

Tom

21-Feb-11

Thank you Tom! We always enjoy sharing camp with you guys.

Here's Tom Sr. with his hog. Congratulations on some good shootin' guys!

21-Feb-11

Sorry for taking so long to get these pictures up. We've been keeping too busy, but here is the first Valentine's day hog taken by Arika from South Dakota. Arika showed the boys how it's done. This gal is the real deal when it comes to hunters. While everyone else was taking a nap, she was out beating the brush working on taking her second hog. Sorry guys, but I had to brag on Arika a lil' bit, us gals have to stick together ya know ;)

-Cheryl

21-Feb-11

This is Brant from Minnesota with his first of the two hogs he took on this hunt...

21-Feb-11

Jerome from Minnesota with his first hog...

21-Feb-11

Here's a nice group pic after the first evening's hunt. These folks went three for three on their first evening out. Good shootin'!

21-Feb-11
Nice hunt, folks. Good job.

21-Feb-11
Kevin, see you in a few weeks. Big red is waiting for you!!!

22-Feb-11
Nice, looks like things are going well. What stands are the hottest now? 1a was good to me last year!

23-Feb-11
Eric, see you in a few days. We have some nice rams with on exceptional TX Dall!

Matt

26-Feb-11

We didn't forget you Curt! Here's Curt with the first of two hogs he shot. Congratulations again to you all and good shootin'!

27-Feb-11
Matt & Cheryl,

Just wanted to thank you again for a great time that we had this week. Got back to Missouri and I am ready to come back.

Steve

28-Feb-11

Thank you Steve! I'm glad y'all made it back home safely and hopefully ahead of the storms. We enjoyed getting to see you guys again. Congratulations again on your hog. I just finished downloading the pics from the camera, so while I'm at it...here's a pic of Steve with his hog.

28-Feb-11

And while I'm at it, here's Brent, also from Missouri, with his hog. Congratulations Brent!

28-Feb-11

Now here's Darren from Kansas with the red razorback he took last week. This was Darren's tenth consecutive year hunting with us. I looked at our records and Gregg hunted with us first in 2001, but that's the year your house got hit by the tornado so you had to cancel. I guess that makes Gregg the "oldest" guest of Shiloh Ranch (hehe) but since he missed last year due to sickness, he lost his throne to you for the most consecutive years- but you're both tied with having been here ten times in eleven years. Oh, and thank you for the friendship for "perpetuity" guys!

28-Feb-11

Here's Rob with another good hog. And in case you're wondering, this was your seventh consecutive year hunting with us Rob. We truly are blessed to have met such great folks as you guys. Here's to many more...

• Sitka Gear