Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear Minox USA 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Shiloh Ranch, Giving Thanks

This thread designated as DEBATE FREE. All responses must be Constructive and Positive.
PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
Tradman and Huntress 23-Nov-11
misfitmedic 23-Nov-11
hunt4life 23-Nov-11
Drahthaar 23-Nov-11
INbowdude 23-Nov-11
boothill 23-Nov-11
Chip T. 23-Nov-11
Tradman and Huntress 24-Nov-11
bad karma 24-Nov-11
Rayzor 24-Nov-11
bad karma 24-Nov-11
PappaSmurf 24-Nov-11
INbowdude 24-Nov-11
Tradman and Huntress 25-Nov-11
Tradman and Huntress 02-Dec-11
Tradman and Huntress 02-Dec-11
Bowfreak 02-Dec-11
INbowdude 02-Dec-11
bad karma 02-Dec-11
bad karma 02-Dec-11
INbowdude 02-Dec-11
bad karma 02-Dec-11
Tradman and Huntress 05-Dec-11
ahunter55 05-Dec-11
INbowdude 05-Dec-11
boothill 05-Dec-11
Rayzor 05-Dec-11
bad karma 05-Dec-11
boothill 05-Dec-11
INbowdude 06-Dec-11
bad karma 06-Dec-11
Tradman and Huntress 06-Dec-11
Tradman and Huntress 07-Dec-11
INbowdude 07-Dec-11
boothill 08-Dec-11
INbowdude 08-Dec-11
Tradman and Huntress 08-Dec-11
ILbucknut 08-Dec-11
Videos

Hog and Javis
by razorsharp

5 Star Ranch
by Txpapa

Deer by hand
by Knife2sharp

Jasons Tejon hog
by BOWUNTR

Put Your Video Clip Here!

We just want to take a few minutes out of our busy schedule to stop and give thanks for all of the wonderful folks we have met through this site. Over the years, Matt and I have been so blessed by the wonderful people who frequent the Bowsite, in so many ways. We've not only watched our business grow from the ground up, but we've forged many lifetime friendships. We've shared many laughs together, and a few tears too, but most importantly, we've developed lasting memories with every single person who's walked through our gates. We don't do it often enough, and want to take the opportunity to thank you all for being such a blessing to us.

While others are sitting around the table eating turkey tomorrow or getting ready to "shop 'til they drop", Matt and I will be filling up feeders, cleaning the cabins, splitting firewood or otherwise getting ready for our next group of hunters...and we wouldn't have it any other way! This has been a dream for us to do what we love for a living, but none of that would be possible if it weren't for the people who spend their hard earned money to come hunt here.

Also, we wouldn't even be doing this if it weren't for Pat putting his heart into creating and maintaining this site, making Bowsite the world's best bowhunting website. We can't thank you enough for all you do to make all of this possible.

To show our gratitude, we're making an exciting new addition to the ranch this winter. I'll explain more a little later (those of you on Facebook already know, since I can't keep a secret).

Thank you again to every person who's ever hunted with us, considered hunting with us, or commented on any of our threads. We appreciate every single one of you!

-Matt and Cheryl Napper, Shiloh Ranch Hunting Camp

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo

I'd also like to take a minute to give honor to some of our hunters, by posting pictures of a few of them with the animals they've taken this week.

Here's Todd from CO with a a good boar he shot...

And here's Mike, also from CO with his trophy...

This brute was taken by Greg from CO. You can't see the teeth real good in the picture, but this boar was sporting some dandy hardware!

I think alot of us on here would like to thank you and Matt for your hospitality and making a fun hunt for all of us and making us feel welcomed and like family. I can't wait to see you guys again next week!!

I agree, if all outfitters gave the care and value that you guys do, I probably wouldnt go through all the time, money, and effort to hunt on my own. Thanks for what you have done for hunting.

thank you & happy Thanksgiving Forrest

Happy Thanksgiving mom and dad, missing home terribly! LOL.

Todd, Mike and Greg, congrats.

Very thankful for meeting you all and all the great folks I've met on the few trips I've taken down there.

But mostly, thank you for hosting the Porkapalooza hunts. Hard to believe we are already up to #6.

Hoggy holidays to all!

Matt and Cheryl, Thanks for running such a wonderful operation for all of us to enjoy. All of my trips down have been simply wonderful and looking forward to the next one. And the new addition will be so much fun for everyone to enjoy.

I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy holidays.

Matt, Cheryl and Sage-Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks much, folks!

Here is Gary from NE with his nice Texas Dall!

Work real hard for eleven years, and all of a sudden, you're an overnight success....

Thanks Matt and Cheryl. See you in 2 weeks for what is, I think, my tenth trip to Shiloh to visit the "cousins".

Looking forward to our trip in December. I am certainly thankful we were able to make this trip happen. If we like it half as much as INbowdude does I know it will be great! We are all anxiously counting down the days.

Ray rayzor-vpa.com & Vantage Point Archery

Rayzor, we'll be at Shiloh soon after you. Leave a couple of pigs for us. Enjoy the VPA hunt.

From: PappaSmurf (mobile)Sent from Mobile Phone Date: 24-Nov-11
Matt and Cheryl, Happy Thanksgiving to you from Pappasmurf, Mustangmom, and our two lil smurfs. Hope you have a great holiday. Thanks for all the updates, always look forward to seeing them. We'll be back, just need to find some time :)

Jeremy n Jaclyn

Rayzor, I hope you like it TWICE as much as I do! Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bad Karma, I think that makes us cousins too!

Our group from KS that just left went 6 hogs for 5 hunters.

Here is Dennis with a very nice trophy boar!

Thanks for all of the comments gang! This past week has been a busy one for us. I'll try to get all of the pictures posted again from the two Thanksgiviing week hunts we hosted.

With the drought we experienced this summer there is virtually no mast crop, so the hogs are hitting the feeders better than ever! This hog was shot mid-day by Leon from KS at stand #1.

Here's Dean from KS with the second of two hogs he shot from stand #3.

Rayzor,

If the hogs are hitting the feeders better than ever, you are in for a serious treat!

+1 for Bowfreak. Yep, it will be a test of wills with all the action from the hogs. Should be a great time.

Well, I picked up a new niece and nephew last year, so having Inbowdude as a new cousin would be just fine.

Good news, for me. I'm one week away from sitting over a feeder at Shiloh, to once again save Oklahoma from excessive piggishness!

Apparently, my last post was so brilliant that the computer decided to post it twice.

ROFLMAO! Only Bad Karma can pull that off. You should join us on a Palooza hunt and bring Bob R.

No room on the 2012 Porkapalooza, but I'm game for 2013.....Bob may be if he gets his house built.

Here's David from KS with a nice wooly hog he shot.

Kody from KS shot this nice spotted hog. It sure seems like the hogs that have been taken lately have longer hair and more color than they typically do.

This next group of hunters from NE took some exceptional hogs, many of which had good tusks! Lanna was the first to tag out from stand #2. Here she is with her colorful hog. Congratulations Lanna!

ahunter55's embedded Photo

Bad Karma-Are you sure you want "this" as a cousin???? He is a great guy. this will haunt him till I DIE...

Yes, yes he does! Pictures like that just make Bad Karma look even better than he already does! LOL

That picture cracks me up everytime. Just reminds me to never wear something like that out in public where others are at. Don't worry MIke I still like you...rhino skins and all. LOL

Keep one of those tortoise shell spotted tusker hogs tied up for me...I like em weird and toothy.

We're counting the days now.

OMG.....between Ahunter55,and Inbowdude, I snorted milk all over the place.

Rayzor, I think you're coming in right after us, and I promise to leave at least one big boar for you.

Bad karma I'm going to tell you the same thing as INbowdude, be patient. He always shoots the first thing in and misses out on the big ones. You don't want to be sitting there with one on the ground when the big one comes in like last time do you?

LOL, Brian, Bad Karma is an attorney, they can smell the big scores a mile away! I don't think I've ever seen him not shoot a monster. Nerves of steel, keen of eye, he has!

Oh, no, I shoot small pigs, too......giving me a broadside is often a fatal event. But I do like to whack a big one every once in a while.

Here's Rick with the big boar he shot. We had three big boars shot that evening, and all three of them had a real nice set of choppers on them!

Mike took this nice boar the same night...

...and so did Chad. Here he is with his brute!

Here's Galen with his big boar.

Bob took this nice Painted Desert ram.

Tons of hogs here guys...Never seen this many before. No Kidding!

Coming Soon!

Oh tempt us with tons of hogs! What about open dates?

So with the new addition of the fishin hole I have a question. Since we are now going to have earthquake procedures during orientation are we going to have swimming lessons and a lifeline around the pond to tie off so folks don't fall in? Maybe you could hire Mike as a lifegaurd during the summer months.

Hey, I got the summers free!

Hmmmm,after doing the cottonmouth avoidance orientation, we probably won't have much need for a lifeguard; But a trophy bass guide, that's another story...

For those who don't know about the new pond, I just realized that I never came back to this thread to tell y'all about our newest improvement to the ranch. This fall, we decided to dig a new fishing pond down in the bottom below camp. Here's a picture of some of the work in progress.

We excavated all around the old pond, digging an arm up into the woods, covering not only more surface area, but also making the new pond much deeper than the old one. We left the old pond intact however, so we could begin stocking it right away while waiting for the new pond to fill. We've been "laboring" over the past few weeks to catch bass and hybrid bluegills out of some of our other ponds to transplant into the new pond. That way, we'll have big fish ready to catch once the pond fills up. Here's Matt with one of the bass we caught out of the pond over in the north ram pasture.

Here's the first of many bucketfuls of hybrid bluegill we've transplanted as well. We're blessed to live only five miles from a fish hatchery, but why start with fingerlings when you can start with fish of this size?!

I want to thank everybody who has ever bought a Shiloh Ranch t-shirt, hat, bag of corn, jar of jelly or bar of homemade soap. You see, I've been saving the profits from each of these items for the past three years and setting it aside to pay for this project. This is just one small way for us to say thank you, by investing our money back into the ranch to make improvements for our guests. Many of you know how excited we were to start this project, and the drought kept us from breaking ground until we finally got some water in the creek. Now that it's done, we're anxious to see the pond fill up! In the meantime, we're working on clearing brush and cleaning up the pond shoreline so you'll be able to fish from every side. We'll be putting a picnic table and some chairs down there as well, so you'll have a nice place to sit in the shade and relax mid-day between hunts.

This is just one more way for us to show our appreciation to everyone who has ever hunted with us. Here's to many more years of good hunting, and now good fishing too!

The pond is a great addition to the ranch. I look forward to catching a few of them hybrids soon.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Shiloh Ranch, Giving Thanks

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy