MBMule 06-Sep-13
Drop tine 07-Sep-13
TEmbry 07-Sep-13
MBMule 07-Sep-13
KSMike 08-Sep-13
howie 09-Sep-13
MBMule 09-Sep-13
05-Sep-13
I've just returned from Melorani in SA. It's not well known, but they are now looking for bowhunters to take some of their Cape buffalo. To my knowledge it's the most reasonably priced buffalo hunt in Africa. I've been to Melorani 4 times in the past and recommend it highly, for the quality of the animals, the African experience, and the price. I saw some very big dagga boys when I was there. I know they have taken a couple of buffalo in past years, but I think they're looking for a yearly quota now.

06-Sep-13

MBMule's embedded Photo
MBMule's embedded Photo
I just returned from there also in early August and here's some photos of some of their buffalo.

06-Sep-13

MBMule's embedded Photo
MBMule's embedded Photo

06-Sep-13

MBMule's embedded Photo
MBMule's embedded Photo

07-Sep-13
What types of hunts are these, ie walk and stalk, or at a watering hole or a feeder?

07-Sep-13
Well they aren't perfectly pretty... they usually have an unusual tear in their ear... as if a plastic tag had been ripped out or something...

07-Sep-13
Drop Tine, I think you can do either waterhole or walk and stalk. They didn't have any feeders. I didn't have any come in to my waterholes but everyone else had several encounters with them.

Pat, the price compared to a totally free-range buffalo hunt is also pretty. They had a guy hunt them for 10 days before we got there and he never got a shot, so it's still not a slam dunk. Granted, he was a traditional archer and hunting for a specific bull. Melorani is 12.000 acres.

TEmbry, the one with the tag in his ear is to identify him as the breeding bull so that nobody shoots him. He's the only one I saw the whole hunt with a tag.

08-Sep-13
Where can I get one of those ear tags?

09-Sep-13
How much? Couldn't find on their web site.

09-Sep-13
I can't speak on behalf of Stewart for price. You can contact him at [email protected] or contact Neil Summers at Bowhunting Safari Consultants. His email is [email protected] and phone number is 1 (800) 833-9777.

• Sitka Gear