Bud Meadows 19-Sep-13
Jai Ho 25-Sep-13
Mad Trapper 25-Sep-13
Jerry Russell 24-Oct-13
SDHNTR(home) 24-Oct-13
06-Sep-13

gobble50's embedded Photo
This is a follow-up tp Buffalo 1's post. My wife and I have also been to RSA twice and decided about 18 months ago to try Namibia. What a great decision! We had a fabulous time at Agagia and thoroughly enjoyed our 6- day tour of northern Namibia after the hunt.

I'll submit some of our trophy photos and a few pix of our tour which featured a day and half at Etosha - literally thousands and thousands of animals were observed very close up!

First photo is one of the three warthogs we took.

06-Sep-13

Not sure how the double post got there - but I'll continue. Here is a nice gemsbok - the #1 animal on our list!

06-Sep-13

We took this kudu and August 4th - my recently departed Dad's birthday. I told Mary that morning I wanted to take an old bull in honor of the "old bull". This boy cooperated - about a 15 yard shot and a 20 yard recovery.

06-Sep-13

We have at home two Burchell zebras - but when the opportunity came at last light to take a Hartman zebra - we didn't hesitate. This will be a pedestal mount.

06-Sep-13

On our first trip to RSA, the Blue Wildebeest was #1 on my list - they are still a favorite.

06-Sep-13

Eland: how can an 1800# animal just suddenly appear? Regardless, this old boy just showed up and the 15 yard shot resulted in him dropping in just twenty-two yards. It all happened so fast we didn't know he had a chipped horn till he was down.

06-Sep-13

Did someone mention Black Wildebeest? We were delighted to get one - our only opportunity during the entire hunt. A couple days previous, we did have another small herd that wanted to come to water but some ornery gemsbok chased them off before they got in range!

We took everything we had hoped for - except: the Red Hartebeest - THAT is excuse enough to return!

06-Sep-13

On the way to Etosha - we stopped at a Himba Village - a must see if you get that far north!

06-Sep-13

Living quarters for the Himba - that is cattle dung on the outside of their huts. We learned a lot; for example - women don't ever bathe with water after puberty, everyone gets their lower front four teeth knocked out with a stick and a rock, men are polygamous and they do nothing but make little Himbas.

06-Sep-13

Beautiful Springbok - jillions of them and they were everywhere!

06-Sep-13

We were lucky to witness a leopard (few do). Here is a jackal checking out a waterhole that was surrounded by a couple hundred zebra, many springbok, gemsbok, and kudu.

06-Sep-13

It's hard to pick a few representative photos as we have hundreds - here is another typical scene at another watering hole.

06-Sep-13

The salt pan of Etosha has to be seen to be believed - it looks like a lake from a distance - but is in fact is a great inland sea of salt - probably several hundred sq. miles. Apparently this zebra is in need of an equine dentist.

06-Sep-13

Here is a lion resting after we witnessed her just missing having zebra for dinner. In all, the trip was pure joy - we were gone nearly three weeks We had a fantastic hunt, saw some incredible country, met warm and accommodating people, drove 1200 miles (on the wrong side of the road), saw thousands of animals and stayed at three beautiful lodges on our tour - here they are if you'd like to look them up: Vingerklip Lodge Toshari Lodge Aoba Lodge

Namibia is a jewel and we hope to be able to go back one day.... (soon).

06-Sep-13
Wow, great pictures, that looks like a fantastic trip.

06-Sep-13
These are some super photos. Were we were hunting at the wrong water hole? Ya'll will always be part of a great memory. "Old Model Guys with Old Model Mathews!"

06-Sep-13
Very nice photos and trophies..Thanks for sharing!

06-Sep-13
I went with agagia last May and had an amazing time as well.Wish I would have stayed and done the tour

07-Sep-13
Beautiful pics. I especially liked the "redneck" zebra!

Sounds like you had a great time.

10-Sep-13
Looks like a great hunt! Congrats!

19-Sep-13
Apparently this zebra is in need of an equine dentist.

He's an English zebra imported into Etosha

25-Sep-13
Did Agagia in 2011, fantastic outfitter. Tielman and Carin are the best. Looking forward to the next trip. Can't say enough about their place.

25-Sep-13
Excellent pictures. Makes me want to go. You took some nice trophies!

24-Oct-13
Great pictures.

24-Oct-13
that is awesome Gary! Glad to see you and Mary still hunting together. Really happy for you!

• Sitka Gear