KJC 14-Sep-13
jkoenig04 14-Sep-13
cantgetdrawn 14-Sep-13
TD 14-Sep-13
sethosu 16-Sep-13
Drnaln 16-Sep-13
12-Sep-13
Has anyone seen Phil's buffalo hunt..

A 15 yard head on shot ....right in the nose...

12-Sep-13
nope missed that circus

12-Sep-13
Ouch.

What was the end result beside an upset buff?

Rifle finish? Another arrow?

12-Sep-13

wilbur's Link
Here is a link for it

12-Sep-13
Just watched it on YouTube. Not entirely sure what to say...

12-Sep-13
How do you even take a shoot like that at a cape buffalo ?

12-Sep-13
just watched it. Wow!

12-Sep-13
At least he didn't use a Rage.

12-Sep-13
That hunt is a rerun from at least 4-5 years ago but I always had to chuckle at the nose shot.

12-Sep-13
I'll give him credit for showing the entire hunt without editing out that first shot...He definately put the second arrow where the first one was intended to make up for it...

I'm also very suprised that the PH did not rifle shoot him after that first arrow...

12-Sep-13
It may just be me, but watching hot dog crap smoke on a cold frost morning and Phil gives me the exact same sensation.

12-Sep-13
TBM, did NOT need the visual!

12-Sep-13
I know alot of blokes who hunt asiatic buffalo here in Australia swear by the front on shot if you can put it in the right spot

12-Sep-13
Not a fan of Phlop for this exact reason...his buff hunt and his grizz where he sunk it in too far back and his guide finished the bear the next morning with a charge from the bruin...you can see the guide in the background with Phlop is talking about "the adrenalin rush" with the charge and you can see his guide is pi$$ed...

I've got nothing for Phlop Phillips

14-Sep-13
The PH is behind him saying "Take him in the front. Take him. Take him." The second shot looked only about 2 inches lower than the first. That's some pretty good shooting with cape buffalo at 15 yards and head on!

14-Sep-13
That was amazing to see how quick that second shot killed him.

14-Sep-13
I saw the episode last night, the bull did not seem to be phased by the first shoot in the nostril. I am trying to figure out where the broadhead ended up on that first shot.

It would seem from the position of the bull it should have went through the nasal cavity (perhaps cutting the bottom of the brain?) The arrow stuck out about 8 inches out of the nostril, I assumed when I first saw it was somewhere near the jugular and the movement would bleed him out.

14-Sep-13
That was cool. Only problem I see with a frontal on a buff is they're aimed at ya already....

Must be the hat.....

16-Sep-13
His "bow hunting show is a joke. About half the time he starts out bow hunting and then finishes it with a rifle. The nose shot should not have been aired. It just looks terrible. I don't care how authentic you think it may be.

16-Sep-13
He shot a Dall sheep with a rifle on his TV show & then posed with a bow for the photos. He's a joke. David

• Sitka Gear