Toby 02-Oct-13
gretsch 02-Oct-13
Toby 02-Oct-13
bghunter 02-Oct-13
Toby 30-Jan-14
bghunter 31-Jan-14
Medicinemann 31-Jan-14
27-Sep-13
I am planning to take my wife with me, next year to hunt South Africa, but she also will like to spend 2 to 3 days visiting victoria falls, do you know any guide or tourist agency that can help me to arrange this?

27-Sep-13
PM sent

27-Sep-13
Toby,

Your PH should be able to help you out. We did the exact smae thing as you are doing. I would make a couple suggestions, do a sundowner river boat cruise. You cruise the Zambezi river and have appetizer and drinks as you watch the sunset. We saw hippos and Chobe bushbucks on the cruise.

We of course also did the tour to see Vic falls, which was amazing to say the least. It is pretty cool to say you have seen one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.

We stayed at the kingdome hotel. Beautiful new hotel. Cool part is we had rooms on the river side and with our door open we could hear the falls from our room.

Other nice part about the kingdom is there is a walking trail out back that you can walk to a look out that over looks the river. One thing is the hotel is in the middle of the national park so park rangers have to walk the trail to ensure there are no buffalos, elephants etc in the area. We did not see either, but their droppings were everywhere.

There is a market right near the hotel too that sells wood carvings etc. I wish we would have walked through there but we did not.

One more thing if you are going to SA I would try and plan time to see Krueger it is another area you do not want to miss.

On our trip we planned 5 days hunting, 6 days sight seeing and then about 4 days travel.

Enjoy it is something you will not forget

27-Sep-13
Toby,

I should mention we stayed on the Zimbawbee (sp) side

30-Sep-13
thanks a lot

02-Oct-13
You should definitely stay on the Zimbabwe side, especially if you've never been to Vic Falls. I've been there three times, it is pretty spectacular and not to be missed if you can arrange the time. You can do the cruise, but also consider dinner at The Boma, it is worth it.

Another thing you need to do is at least visit the Victoria Falls Hotel for lunch of high tea, if you don't stay there. It is expensive, but very colonial and British in ambiance. If you don't take time to go see Kruger, you can make a trip to Hwange National Park, which is about 1 1/2 hours from Victoria Falls. Martin Pieters runs some good trips in there, as well as being one of the better safari operators and PHs in Zim.

Do this one thing for your wife, you won't regret it. You'll enjoy it as much as her, but you'll score major brownie points for taking her there.

02-Oct-13
thanks a lot for the advises. I am planning stay at the Zimbabwe side.

02-Oct-13
Zambia is a yellow fever area, so if you go through for example South Africa you need to have a proof of yellow fever vaccination. I don't know how probable it is that they ask for it, but if they do it is an offense not to have it (not good!). So Zimbabwe (not yellow fever area) side is probably easier in that sense, just don't get that Zambia visa stamp to your passport.

02-Oct-13
Thanks Gretsch We will fly to Johannesburg and from there to Victoria fall

02-Oct-13
Toby,

That was exactly what we did. Good part was at the time our PH did not charge for airport runs which was nice as they 4 of them for us.

I dont think you will regreat this decision either.

30-Jan-14
The time is getting close, and we havenĀ“t book our trip to the Victoria falls in zimbabwe. Does any body knows a good travel agency to help us to coordinate this trip? We will getting to Johnsburg and from there will like to visit the Victoria falls

31-Jan-14
Check Lori at International Hunting Consultants they should be able to help. I used them for our South Africa trip when we took our side trip.

31-Jan-14
Gretsch,

"Zambia is a yellow fever area, so if you go through for example South Africa you need to have a proof of yellow fever vaccination"....Did you mean that if you go through South Africa you DON'T need the yellow fever vaccine?

• Sitka Gear