Buffalo1 02-Apr-14
AZ~Rich 02-Apr-14
Buffalo1 02-Apr-14
DANE-G-RUSS 02-Apr-14
Bowfreak 03-Apr-14
AZ~Rich 03-Apr-14
DANE-G-RUSS 04-Apr-14
02-Apr-14
Hey Guys! My wife and I will be travelling to South Africa for the first time in July. We will be hunting with African Arrow Safaris for the first 10 days of our trip. Afterwards were heading back to J-Burg then flying to Hoedspruit for a 4 day safari in Kruger. Then flying down to Cape Town for the final few days of our trip.

My question is; Can I ship (mail) my bow case back home to Canada when the hunt is over? Has anyone ever done this before? If so, approx. cost?

Or can I securely store my bow case at J-Burg airport? (We have a short layover in J-Burg on our way down to Cape Town from Hoedspruit)

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Dane

02-Apr-14
I would ask your outfitter, I am sure they have done this before.

Have fun.

TBB

02-Apr-14
I would be scared to take my eyes off of my luggage in the JoBurg airport, much less storing anything there for any period of time.

02-Apr-14
You might want to try working with the Afton House in JBurg. They cater to hunters traveling and will store your bow/guns for just such situations. Since you are coming back to JoBurg you might consider spending a night with them and then can take advantage of their services. Also, Hoedspruit is only a few hours drive from JNB but you are flying?

02-Apr-14
I agree with AZ-Rich. Afton House is your best, safest possible bet for storing your gear in Joburg. You can contact them on the possibility of such service; however, staying with them I would think would be the minimum requirement.

They have a very good security system for guns and bows.

02-Apr-14
AZ I just double checked on google maps and the drive is about 6hrs. Plus the camp were staying at is another 1hr drive from Hoedspruit. Also, the quote we got for the bus transfer was the same as the flight, so I figured we would save the time and fly. Thanks for the heads up on the Afton House. I will contact them to see if they can help. The tricky thing is that we only have a 1hr layover in J-Burg on our way down to Cape Town from Hoedspruit. Thanks for the responses guys. I'm trying not to let this stress me out but I'm running out of ideas.....

03-Apr-14
My first thought was Afton House as well.

03-Apr-14
I am sure you could work something out with Afton House. If they are willing to take your bow I would trust them 100%.

03-Apr-14
My bad I was somehow thinking about Nelspruit. Sorry!

04-Apr-14
No prob AZ. I think I figured out a solution but thanks for all the info. guys! Appreciate it!!!

• Sitka Gear