Bear Track 29-Apr-14
JCHB 30-Apr-14
CTCrow 30-Apr-14
25-Apr-14
WHAT IS THE set up

25-Apr-14
#%^>ing liberals!!

25-Apr-14
So....is there anyplace left where elephant can still be bow-hunted?

25-Apr-14
How about pics of your bow n arrows with BHs -- damn shame about the hunt :(

25-Apr-14
That sucks! X2-T-Rex!

I was not aware that your & Jakes' hunt was off. Did I miss the reason why on another thread?

25-Apr-14
I think you can still hunt them. But you can't bring any parts back into the good old US of A.

Ed

25-Apr-14
Never mind. I found it!

Ignorance prevails once again:>(

26-Apr-14
Hope the SCI suit has some effect. If I recall the country that dropped your hunt wasn't even on the list, although your particular hunt I don't think was importable anyway?

I just hope we don't have to have a "best walker to use on an elephant hunt" thread.....

26-Apr-14
My understanding was the hunt Pat and Jake were doing was non- importable in the first place. The usfws banned all ivory imports from Mozambiique. Then, Mozambique banned all elephant hunts. Ending their hunt before it started. Correct?

I'm sure one of them will clear it up.

26-Apr-14
Thank a democrat

26-Apr-14
Pat's description is spot on.....

26-Apr-14
This politically correct crap has to end ! Rate down to all our beliefs and freedoms here that our men and women fight for , being taken away everyday by outsiders. The hunting part first the wolves are endangered, can't hunt them now theres to many.bear in spring in ontario closed to many , oh lets reopen. Keep politics out of it.there wouldn't be any game anywhere to hunt if not for hunters protecting the game and all the parks, state lands , national parks. Real shame pat I feel your pain ps can't forget polar Bear, and the list will get longer every year! This country needs to get a grip

26-Apr-14
Hoping for next year Pat!

26-Apr-14
Pat,

That is a great summary of the of a pathetic situation. My greatest fear is the famous cry of the famous wrestler in his prime, Bill Goldberg, "Who's Next?" Who is the next animal in the sights of the liberals?

26-Apr-14
Pats post is one of the most accurate descriptions of the mess that involves hunting that I've heard, Internationally and locally. Sad that common sense is so rare these days. Mike

26-Apr-14
Absolutely infuriates me that political climate dictates decision rather than sound wildlife management.

Once again, US hunters continue to suffer.

26-Apr-14
All decisions are made at cocktail parties attended by the beautiful people. No science involved, more along the lines of high school hallway politics..... who can appear the coolest, who "cares" the most about the little people and the "earth".

Universities used to deal with more facts, logic and science.... but have been going to the cocktail parties chasing funding and grant money.... they no longer look for solutions to problems... or even if solutions exist. The only thing that seems to really hold power and money is a "cause". Not a solution.

26-Apr-14
TD is correct, except for the part about "no science" being involved.

There is science involved: Political Science!

Pete

26-Apr-14
Who's next, Hillary?

26-Apr-14
That 85lb Monster can come in handy for ct river carp!!!!

28-Apr-14
sadly, those who claim to "care about The Earth", have often never even SEEN "The Earth"...they just read about it on the internet and see it on The Nature Channel

28-Apr-14
You might think that you could call your Congressman or Senator about this. After all they represent you and they should hear your concerns. Save your breath, they won't be able to do much. The only way to get USFW back to making decisions based on science is to control who is in the whitehouse. USFW policy is set by the whitehouse. It may also take some change in personnel as well. Just look at the difficulty Congress is having getting to the bottom of fast and furious, the IRS scandal, Benghazi. Elections have consequences. The whitehouse is also quitely stacking the district courts with liberal judges. You haven't heard much about this in the press, but it is happening. It is how Mr. Obama is going to keep on "giving" even after he leaves office. Anyway, SCI is purportedly filing a lawsuit. After seeing how the polar bear lawsuit was decided, I don't hold out much hope.

28-Apr-14
That is just awful.

The Elephants that are hunted in Mosambique are problem animals and they will pay a goverment hunter to shoot them. They will be shot from 100 yards away with a rifle.

I don't know how to explain how sad this makes me.

I worry for the outfitter, He has sunk a lot of his time and money in getting set up to have hunters come over and have a place for them to stay. We slept in a tent when I went. I have seen pictures of what he had built, it is very nice.

Just a plain old bad deal all around.

29-Apr-14
Liberal logic. Lets get all the poached ivory that has been confiscated and destroy it creating an even bigger void for ivory demand. They've made the price of illegal ivory even higher. The poacher got paid now with tons of it destroyed people will pay even higher prices to the poacher. If a poacher was smart as soon as he sold the ivory he would report it so it would be confiscated and destroyed.

29-Apr-14
Does Canada have a ban? What happens if you where a Canadian citizen? How much are taxes in Canada? I only live a few hours away from Canada, they seem to be getting straightened around as far as hunting and game management are concerned for the most part.

29-Apr-14
Damn it. I was looking forward to this one. If I get too many bears on baits and need to thin a couple out, you may have to dial that Monster in for close range shooting.

30-Apr-14
Pat, Photos & data on your rig? JCHB

30-Apr-14
After practicing all those frontal shots you can't go?

Tha sucks!

Go and neak into the Bronx zoo and get one.

• Sitka Gear