webfoot 11-Jun-14
cowboyed 12-Jun-14
bowbender77 12-Jun-14
BIGHORN 17-Jun-14
Dennis Razza 17-Jun-14
standswittaknife 17-Jun-14
BIGHORN 19-Jun-14
11-Jun-14
I've been waiting for my animals to ship from africa! its been one year! why so long? any experiences?

webfoot

11-Jun-14
From what country? Raw trophies (dipped and packed) or finished taxidermy? What dip and pack company are you using?

Yea...that is a long time just to get your critters home if it's just the hides and horns. I've gotten my raw trophies home within a few months every time.

11-Jun-14
raw trophies from zim!

12-Jun-14
That is a very long time. I have always received mine from Limcroma Safaris within 3 months. They use Trophy Pro and shipments have been packed great.

12-Jun-14
Mine took 6 months from S.A. Pigs and monkeys take longer to clear customs.

17-Jun-14
Webfoot,

Get the email address from the place where you hunted and ask them for the email address where they sent your hides and horns. Follow it through because it may be hung up somewhere and they don't know where to ship it. This happens a lot!!! If you don't do this you may not get your hides and horns at all.

17-Jun-14
3-6 months seems to be the norm. I would call and or email like Bighorn said. I track my clients shipments and make sure we are kept in the loop. I like to know when these shipments are in transit so I can follow up.Best of luck, Dennis.

Bowsite Sponsor

17-Jun-14
This happened to me. I assumped the dip and pack was the only fee, but was charged another fee for transportation that I did not know about, had to call the packer and get it straightened out. Come to find out, my trophies were sitting at the joberg airport for almost seven additional months...

19-Jun-14
Webfoot,

Let us know what you found out.

There was a guy that was in camp before me and I kept in touch with him. When I told him that my horns and skins were already at the tanner here in the U.S., I gave him the email address because we were using the same place and shipping. He found out that they had lost his ship to address.

• Sitka Gear