Buffalo1 26-Jun-14
AZ~Rich 26-Jun-14
bearhunter 27-Jun-14
Bake 27-Jun-14
BO-N-ARO 27-Jun-14
butcherboy 28-Jun-14
scndwfstlhntng 29-Jun-14
26-Jun-14
Anyone else notice the increase in taxidermy for africa mounts. Up 20 per cent from 2012 when I went on my safari. Noticed the same trend after my 2007 trip.

26-Jun-14
Things generally increase in price, rather than decrease..

26-Jun-14
Same rough % increase for trophy fees there I have noticed.

27-Jun-14
Problem is prices are increasing much faster than wages. Hard to get a shoulder mount now for less than 1500 dollars.

27-Jun-14
Strangely enough, was talking about this stuff with my taxidermist yesterday.

He said he would LOVE to work on some Africa stuff in a green, fresh state. Problem is everything is dry, hard, and he said usually the skulls have been boiled way too long

He did offer to let me use his freezer space, and only start certain mounts every few months, half year, whole year, etc. Basically, he said I didn't need to worry about mounting a bunch of stuff immediately when I got home. He'd hold stuff and let me spread it out over a period of time.

Bake

27-Jun-14
Taxidermy supplies have increased at least 20% the last few years. Thanks to the feds, the poly foam the forms are now made from caused a big jump awhile back. Shipping has also gone up.

28-Jun-14
Price of tanning just went up as well. Plus, African stuff is always torn, and cut up . Holes in the ears and capes everywhere. Lots of repairs to do.

29-Jun-14
They do eat up a lot of money and space. Sometimes there is just not enough of either. Attached if I can get it to go, is a picture of a wall of European mounts that is very nice. I would suggest that you pick your favorites and invest in them, while euro-mounting the rest

Best of luck SG

• Sitka Gear