TXCO 06-Aug-14
Mad Trapper 06-Aug-14
loprofile 06-Aug-14
PAstringking 06-Aug-14
bghunter 06-Aug-14
BCR1985 07-Aug-14
05-Aug-14
Hi everyone!

My Dad and I have a hunt booked in November with an outfitter HuntinSpain for both Gredos and Beceite. I've hunted ibex and markhor extensively. Has anyone ever been successful with a bow on either the beceite or gredos? If so, any pointers I should be mindful of? If their behavior is anything like the others, I feel confident that I will be able to close the distance. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Ed

05-Aug-14
Contact Tom Miranda. I just watched one of his shows where he took a Gredos. I didn't even know what they were before the show. LOL!

05-Aug-14
that is one of. my all time dteam hunt! good luck

05-Aug-14
Thanks! I'm pretty blessed to have an opportunity to be over there!

05-Aug-14
Good luck I really want to get to Spain one day.I gotta ask did you hunt free range markhor with a bow? If sothat is one heck of an feat. Please post pictures

06-Aug-14
Plenty of people are successful on both. Like anything else it depends on the area. Multiple bowhunters have the Spainish Ibex slam.

06-Aug-14
I believe that Tom has taken the Beceite as well.

06-Aug-14
Do they have a Slam for Gredos, Beceite, and Markhor. I would think you would qualify by identifying them on a picture quiz.

06-Aug-14
It really depends on the area. Some are more bowhunter friendly then others. But yes...its possible.

Just like any mountain hunt...be ready for longer shots and steep angles.

good luck

06-Aug-14
I dont think anyone has taken a free range markhor with a bow ?

07-Aug-14
Thanks for the input guys! Yes, I've taken 2 ibex with my bow, but have not released on a markhor although I've had 2 opportunities within 24 yards. I own a ranch in southwest TX where quite a few Nubian and Bokharan markhor are running with the wild catalina herds. Generally closing the gap on feral goats is just a question of getting up to eye level and staying downwind. But in the rut, which usually starts late in September, the billy's will stick close to the nanny's. It's high elevation where we are so getting above them before they move back up the hill from water is key.

• Sitka Gear