Contributors to this thread:
jstephens61 20-Aug-14
Gazi 20-Aug-14
BIGHORN 23-Aug-14
moosenelson 24-Aug-14
Martin Man 24-Aug-14
Buffalo1 24-Aug-14
20-Aug-14
My wife and I are leaving on the 5th for South Africa and we have an 8 hour lay over in Frankfurt. Here's my question. How much trouble is it to leave the airport and spend some time in the city to help break up the trip? We will arrive at 13:35, so that's better than midnight.

20-Aug-14
Not difficult at all. However, there is another option that my wife and I prefer. There is a Sheraton inside the terminal (no customs or security required) that rents day rooms. A 3 hour nap and nice meal in their restaurant goes a long way toward overcoming jet lag and fatigue.

23-Aug-14
I whole heartily agree with Gazi!!!

24-Aug-14
Ez to burn time in terminal. Get some sleep and if you spot a black suitcase with purple trim....its mine! Frankfurt sucks!

24-Aug-14
There are a couple of airport lounges you can pay to enter if you don't have air line passes. $50 included a shower, food, drinks (including beer, wine), TV's, nice furniture, place to charge whatever.

24-Aug-14
I would prefer some rest over a sightseeing excursion in this situation. Would really help you overcome jet lag easier.

Sheraton across street from air terminal. Plus, some airline lounges in the air terminal. Great places to get show, rest and food.

Speaking from experience.

• Sitka Gear