tr 15-Sep-14
writer 15-Sep-14
Buffalo1 15-Sep-14
writer 15-Sep-14
MambaHNTR 16-Sep-14
MambaHNTR 16-Sep-14
writer 16-Sep-14
14-Sep-14
(Hang with me, please, I'l be researching outfitters for quite a while.)

Anybody have experience with Damara Dik Dik, an outfitting business in Namibia?

The operation has been recommended by someone in the know.

A refresher -

I can't get PMs, so [email protected] is best.

We're looking for a place that doesn't import and stock animals, and want the "African" experience as much as possible.

We'd prefer to not be part of an operation that's hosting a lot of other hunters at the same time.

My biggies are kudu, gemsbok, wart hog, impala and probably zebra. (Yes, my list is growing.)

My buddy has more finances, and a new "man castle" (ain't a cave, for sure) so his list could also include eland, wildebeest, and a few others.

Thanks for any help provided.

15-Sep-14
PM sent

15-Sep-14
I shot one in Namibia few years back, hunted thru Dries Visser before he had his own operation there. Great hunting for mountain Zebra also. They had both a fenced operation and non-fenced. Kudu, Gemsbok, wart hog and few other animals were huge.

15-Sep-14

MI_Steelheader's embedded Photo
MI_Steelheader's embedded Photo
I took one a couple of years ago in Namibia. I hunted with AfriHunt Safaris (Justus Brits). I have been to his place four times now and do not see a reason to go any place else. Fantastic animals and great people. Saw many Damara dik-dik this July again that I easily could have taken.

Fun little antelope to hunt. Almost like shooting a jack rabbit they are so small.

15-Sep-14
Beautiful trophy! Very nice.

15-Sep-14
Cool looking antelope.

15-Sep-14
Sorry, I should have made myself more clear.

I'm asking for feedback on an outfitter named Damara Dik-Dik.

(I've edited my original post to, hopefully, make it more clear.)

15-Sep-14
Call Neil Summers at Bowhunter Safari Consultants. They book for Damara Dik-Dik

15-Sep-14
Yes, TR, I know that, but booking agents only have great things to say about their clients. I've had so much smoke blown up my skirt the past 29 years by outfitters, guides, booking agents, I'm more than a little gun, or arrow, why.

Often it's true what they tell you, sometimes not, but I want to hear from others.

And I have been in contact with Neal, and he has recommended Dik-Dik, and has provided some enlightening facts.

If we decide to go with one of the outfitters he's recommended, we will book through him, no question.

15-Sep-14
I have found that Neil is a very straight shooter with his recommendations and non-recommendations. Don't think he would have been in business as long as he has, not carry the reputation he has by blowing up skirts.

I have used his services two times for booking hunts and he has assisted me on other travel matters.

I would listen to his advice and recommendations. He knows his stuff.

15-Sep-14
Didn't say he doesn't, but it never hurts to keep checking.

I've been burned by some of the biggest names in the business. Worse, a lot of people who read what I'd written got torched.

16-Sep-14
I hunted with them in 07. really a great hunt first class place.Fernando and Julio [father an son] are great host and guides who quickly become great friends.they are always in the hides with you an film every hunt for you.Food is outstanding home cooked game,really off the charts!

16-Sep-14
Now 4 the good part!I killed 2 springbuck,one would have been world record sci had i entered it.2 kudu 56'' and 59''.gemsbuck 34''.big warthog and the iceing on the cake,9ft black mamba with my bow.only animal I didnt kill on my list was a zebra,saw them but didnt have good angle an killing mamba probably cost my zebra.They approached the mamba kill scene an spooked at the snake scent.Julio said you can come back and kill a zebra anytime,you will NEVER kill another mamba!Almost forgot the diker! You wont be dissapointed!

16-Sep-14
Thanks Mamba hunter...I'd rather shoot the zebra!

• Sitka Gear