CurveBow 16-Apr-15
SteveB 16-Apr-15
drycreek 16-Apr-15
RK 16-Apr-15
Bou'bound 16-Apr-15
writer 16-Apr-15
LBshooter 19-Apr-15
16-Apr-15
Ian Gibson, a PH for Chifuti Safaris was killed yesterday in Chewore North, in the lower Zambezi Valley.

I never met the man, but by all accounts he was a first rate PH and a true gentleman - very highly regarded and well liked throughout the industry. He was on the spoor of a bull elephant, apparently in musk, when he was killed. Dangerous game fellas, very dangerous.

Prayers sent to his wife, children and family.

16-Apr-15
Heard this yesterday. Very sad indeed

Details still developing but it appears that Ian a tracker, a game scout and the client had been tracking am elephant for 5 or do hours when they stopped to take a break to let client rest Ian and tracker went ahead to see if they could catch a glimpse of the bull and his Ivory. Bull spotted them at under 100 yards and immediately charged. Bull was in musth (rut) Ian got one shot off at close range and was then killed by Bull No other details available right now

16-Apr-15

Bad damn deal for sure

16-Apr-15
Sad news to hear, and people wonder why they call it dangerous game, prayers sent for his friends and family.

16-Apr-15
Sad news.... Prayers for his family....

>>>>-------->

16-Apr-15
Man...what a tough way to go.......

16-Apr-15
Very sad to hear. I saw him several times on Tracks Across Africa, one of the few shows I faithfully watch. Seemed like such a nice guy.

16-Apr-15
He was a very nice man and at the top as far as professional hunters go. The total package

16-Apr-15
LB Shooter nobody wonders why they call hunting elephants dangerous! It's obvious that it is a very risky endeavor.

16-Apr-15
Sad, but he knew the dangers.

The hard part is on the family that survives.

I hope they're well cared for, though nothing replaces having a father at home.

19-Apr-15
Bou I was referring to the non hunting crowd.

• Sitka Gear