Bushwacker 26-Jul-15
Bushwacker 26-Jul-15
BOBSTER 26-Jul-15
Firehuntfish 27-Jul-15
Bushwacker 27-Jul-15
26-Jul-15

Bushwacker's embedded Photo
My youngest daughter and I are still a couple of years out from the trip we'd like to make for her but we are starting to get the bug and have a lot of questions to ask. For now, are there any guides/outfitters/etc planning on attending any shows here in Texas in the near future? We're located in San Antonio, but are willing to drive to Dallas or Houston if need be. Also, if someone is willing to let me call and pick their brain, I'd be much obliged. Out oldest daughter is in SA now working with some veterinarians out of Louis Trichardt. She's been there three weeks and returns this Friday. She has had a blast helping them work with Buffalo, Nyala, Sable, Zebra, and I don't know what all else. She even got to use the dart gun and darted a Sable. She is not a hunter, a great shot, but not a hunter, so this was the first animal she has ever 'shot.'

26-Jul-15

This is obviously a Kudu they darted and had placed in the truck for transport.

26-Jul-15

And this is a Kuland, a cross between an Eland and a Kudu. It too has been darted so it's very much alive in the picture while they do their medical stuff. ANd no, that is not my daughter in the tight camo yoga pants, so qawk all ya want. lol. My daughter is taking the picture . Anybody ever here of these Kulands? They are big!!

26-Jul-15
Man, I should review my posts before submitting. Several typos. Honest, I made it all the way through 5th grade, took me three years, but I did it!

26-Jul-15
Bushwacker, The Texas Trophy Hunters Extravaganza will be in San Antonio in a couple weeks. There are usually several RSA Outfitters there at the shows. That can be a starting point. Google TTHA and you should be able to find the date for SA. Bob

27-Jul-15

Firehuntfish's Link
Bushwacker,

PM sent.... We attend the Houston SCI & Dallas Safari Club shows every year. We also attend 4-5 different SCI local chapter fundraiser banquets at different locations throughout Texas each year. The majority of these events take place from January-March. I always post a show schedule here a few months out...In the meantime, feel free to contact me anytime with any questions.

27-Jul-15
Thanks for the info and the PMs I've received so far. I will be calling tonight. I will mark my calendar for the TTHA show in August. My daughter, or 'my shadow' as I call her, will be excited to attend.

• Sitka Gear