bearhunter 20-Aug-15
wcbarker 21-Aug-15
cowboyed 21-Aug-15
Russell 22-Aug-15
>>>--arrow1--> 28-Aug-15
18-Aug-15
Is there any airports to avoid going to Africa and why. thanx for info

18-Aug-15
Johannesberg & Cape Town were both fine when we went in July.

Lots of people in Jo-berg airport wanting tips. Anything from wanting to help you get to your gate to the bathroom attendants. Just ignore them.

18-Aug-15
Don't fly through Amsterdam. Broadheads are illegal and they will confiscate or possibly arrest.

18-Aug-15
Johannesberg & Cape Town were both fine when we went in August.

18-Aug-15
Thanx guys let me rephrase that. any to avoid on the way to Africa. I am in Canada and the cheapest I found was through Amsterdam. but I guess no go if I cant take broadheads. Unless I can buy them in Africa.

18-Aug-15
are hunting knives allowed through there if broadheads are not

18-Aug-15
Düsseldorf Germany. Smal crappy airport with no place to eat and nothing to do. Worst part of the trip was those 4 hours.

18-Aug-15
Windhoek Namibia is a friendly place although restaurant options are a little limited.

18-Aug-15
I've always heard to avoid going through Europe. If possible just go straight from US to J berg.

18-Aug-15
Have went through Amsterdam previously and this year through London. London with Virgin Atlantic airlines was superb.

19-Aug-15
mtnview were u bow hunting and did you have any problems?????

19-Aug-15
This year through London our group was a mixture of bow and rifle hunters. The only problem was coming back at Jo-Berg one of the guys had some empty brass in his luggage, his bad as he knew better. At Jo-Berg arrival I use a meet n greet service that expedites SA Customs and SAPS 520 (firearms) clearance.

19-Aug-15
In my opinion..... DO NOT CONNECT outside the US unless you have no other choice.

JFK to J-burg direct is a LONG flight but worth it.

19-Aug-15
PAstrinking there is no direct flights from Canada. Flying into the US and leaving from there jumps the price of flight buy quite a bit. The Amsterdam route is the cheapest but don't want the hassle. Can always get broadheads in Africa if that is the only problem.

20-Aug-15
We flew from toronto to Paris then to j/b ,flew back through london. On second trip flew to london then j/b and back through london no problems.

21-Aug-15
Last time I went I flew to London but this time through Amsterdam is a lot cheaper and less layover time. Just don't want a problem. wonder if there is anyone I can call to find out stuff I cant take?????

21-Aug-15
Fly through Amsterdam if that's your best option. Send a couple of packages of broadheads to your Outfitter a month before you leave. They will be there when you get there.

22-Aug-15
I know a bowhunter that flew through Amsterdam enroute to J burg. He never received his archery gear.

A few months after he returned to the US, he received his gear from Amsterdam minus his broadheads.

28-Aug-15
Just got back last night. Joburg was fine.. Got more worked over in the USA airports.

• Sitka Gear