Fulldraw1972 20-Aug-15
loprofile 20-Aug-15
Rut Nut 21-Aug-15
Rut Nut 21-Aug-15
Barty1970 21-Aug-15
18-Aug-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
The good news is no charges were filed against the PH or Hunter. This Johnny Rodriquez lied to the media to get everyone fired up. Unfortunately the damage has been done based on lies. The big three news will never cover the truth and the majority will never know.

18-Aug-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Here's the other half.

18-Aug-15
I'm sure very few in Zimbabwe could care less. This is a bleeding heart American issue.

18-Aug-15
I don't think we will here this in the news!

18-Aug-15
DL That was posted a little while back but that doesn't say anything about charges and if you Google charges dropped against the hunter nothing comes up.

I don't think it's over by a long-shot.

They just couldn't afford to lose hunting revenue that's all so they just reinstated hunting.

18-Aug-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Here's the letter from Zimbabwe. Sorry it gets cut off on the edge.

18-Aug-15
I don't know if that's legit. It would have made the news and there would be outrage - even a little.

Usually if it's not Googleable it's probably not real OR you have the serious hook-up! :)

18-Aug-15
I have seen other emails and texts stating the same, I am reluctant to post until like Sage said they can be "Googled".

18-Aug-15
Very true. I got this from a taxidermist that travels regularly to Africa on photo safaris and has for years. So far all the information he has posted about what's going on has been spot on. We will just have to wait and see.

18-Aug-15
I hope you are right. Matter a fact I hope they show that this guy had all the documentation and all was right.

The hunter was obviously not our best example but no one should lose their livelihood based on lies and misinformation.

18-Aug-15
I also hope this is true.

18-Aug-15
And to think that many of his fellow hunters were at the front of the lynch mob before all the facts were known...

18-Aug-15
PH has to appear in court sept 28th

19-Aug-15

Bigpizzaman's Link

19-Aug-15
"Honest Ndlovu" Innocent or guilty - got to love the name.

20-Aug-15
It is now Google-able! Daily Clash is reporting charges dropped against Walt??

20-Aug-15
According to article, referring to the landowner "He faces one year in prison or a $400 fine, his attorney, Tonderai Mukuku, told the AP. Tough choice there!

20-Aug-15
Because of hyperinflation in that region of the world, $400.00 may very well be the equivalent of a years worth of labor. Not that clear cut of a decision for some people from that part of the world....

20-Aug-15
I understand that $400 might be a lot in that part of the world however. The dentist just paid $55,000 for a hunt there. Surely the landowner got more then a couple of bucks out of the $55000 for the hunt.

20-Aug-15
It would be horrible in my opinion if the dentist and or PH let a guy go to prison in this case for lack of $400. That being said, I assume that the fines may well be set in that area taking average incomes into consideration.

21-Aug-15

Rut Nut's Link
Here's the latest

21-Aug-15
Interesting:

Zimbabwean officials have delivered mixed messages on their plans to charge the dentist, whose Minnesota practice officially reopened (without Palmer) on Monday.

“We’ll see how it plays out,” Caroline Washaya-Moyo, a spokeswoman for the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority, told The Washington Post on July 28. She said professional hunters and land owners typically first face charges in such cases.

Zimbabwe’s environment, water and climate minister, Oppah Muchinguri, however, has said Palmer should be extradited for killing Cecil.

But the National Prosecuting Authority, which handles extradition requests, told the AP on Tuesday that police have not supplied the required documentation for charging Palmer. Police declined to comment to the AP on possible charges against the dentist.

Although Ndlovu has been charged in connection with Cecil’s killing, he appears to be facing less heated criticism in Zimbabwe than Palmer is in the United States, where the dentist has has faced ridicule, protests and even vandalism.

21-Aug-15
It's Old Man Mugabe's Zimbabwe; believe very very little of what you see and nothing of what you hear

• Sitka Gear