Bull Elk 27-Aug-15
Bull Elk 27-Aug-15
DL 27-Aug-15
cityhunter 27-Aug-15
cityhunter 27-Aug-15
Huntcell 27-Aug-15
25-Aug-15

Bushwacker's Link
I guess the relatives wanted a little payback?

25-Aug-15
When will this senseless killing stop. :)

25-Aug-15
"Swales was leading six tourists on a walking safari when he spotted fresh lion spoor and decided to track a pride of lions consisting of two females, two cubs and two males, according to the Zimbabwe National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority".

Isn't that "Darwinism"?

25-Aug-15
Horrible....prayers to his family.

25-Aug-15
...and you wonder how many petitions will be made, and how much money will be raised, for that poor man's unfortunate family.

What a tragedy. First for the man, his family and the guests that were with him.

Several years ago in California, I think, far more money was raised for two mountain lion cubs than some human children. All were orphaned after a female lion killed a female jogger and the cat was destroyed.

25-Aug-15
"The collared lion, named Nxaha, attacked Swales, the parks authority said."

Oh, the irony!

Prayers for his family.

25-Aug-15
That's sounds like Cali thinking to me....

25-Aug-15
Cecil would have done the same. Stupid people that elevated him to the status of a golden retriever

25-Aug-15
Sorry for the loss of guides life, horrible. People need to wake up and realize wild animals will kill you no matter how cute they look. I bet the tourists were all giddy tracking a lion without a clue of how fast and bad things can turn, well now they know. I wonder how quick they will be to go back on safari especially on foot.

Now is that lion going to be tracked down and shot? or at least moved away from human traffic?

25-Aug-15
Yes, it appears the guide's "judgment" is proof positive that “Darwinism” is alive and well!

25-Aug-15
So the story link above takes me to the article of the Guide getting killed, but the picture of the lion has this caption: "An American man is being sought in connection with a case that has drawn international attention -- the killing of Cecil the lion -- Zimbabwean officials said Tuesday, July 28, 2015. The man suspected in Cecil's death is Walter James Palmer of Eden Prairie, Minnesota, according to Johnny Rodrigues, head of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force.

Sheesh! Can't the poor guide get the whole story? Let the Cecil story die for crying out loud.

25-Aug-15
So the story link above takes me to the article of the Guide getting killed, but the picture of the lion has this caption: "An American man is being sought in connection with a case that has drawn international attention -- the killing of Cecil the lion -- Zimbabwean officials said Tuesday, July 28, 2015. The man suspected in Cecil's death is Walter James Palmer of Eden Prairie, Minnesota, according to Johnny Rodrigues, head of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force.

Sheesh! Can't the poor guide get the whole story? Let the Cecil story die for crying out loud.

25-Aug-15
u guys are no diff then the antis with there ahole remarks. a guy lost his life and many make stupid ass backwards remarks ,

25-Aug-15
Come on City, only four out of a dozen made insensitive remarks...that's pretty good for Bowsite.

25-Aug-15
Agree City. Ridiculous

25-Aug-15
Are there any Lions left in Africa without names????

Sorry about the guide but bad things can happen when someone does dumb things. Lions have been killing folks for a while now but some folks seem to forget that fact. To bad.

25-Aug-15

africa isnt a wild place constant research takes place these lions cant chit without someone watching . They are named because its easy to reference them to others in the study . Check out MR T the lion one bad ass MF lion of the mapago pack true king of the jungle he lived like a lion and died like a lion , finally was killed by another gang that took over.

Big cats i fear !!sneaky i don't like maybe it has to do with a Siamese cat jumped me and landed on my neck when i was a kid .

26-Aug-15
Guess he found he wasn't Daniel. Took a chance and that's on him but he could have put his party in more danger than himself.

26-Aug-15
Insensitive? Even Timothy Treadwell didn't endanger folks who didn't know any better that I'm aware of.

Sad someone died. But not necessarily a tragedy unless someone was unaware of the risks.... unaware can be for several reasons.... a "professional" should not have been but apparently was. Sad a rockclimber falls.... but unrealistic to think he did not know the risks.

That IMO is the issue (aside from the standard anti-hunter "Cecil" hypocrisy). A Treadwell/Disney attitude that assigns anthropomorphic (human) traits to animals that simply work on wild instincts. They saw Lion King after all, movie as kids and Broadway play as adults.....

26-Aug-15
TD X 2. And, a host of others. Basically every one. I didn't read any insensitive posts. I read some that held the guy accountable for his actions and, stated the obvious realities of what happens when someone forgets them.

I hate it for those that watched and, the man and his family. However, I willing to bet that there are 6 people that will never forget the potential ferocity of a wild animal.

I too am sorry for all those involved. But, they were tracking a pride of lions man! Unarmed at that. The boss lion was doing his job by protecting his pride. What did the guy think was going to happen?

God Bless

26-Aug-15
I think the chance that the guides family or anyone that knew him is on Bowsite is slim to none. I don't think anyone was being insensitive. Just sarcastic humor directed at people outraged by the death of lion.

26-Aug-15
"Even Timothy Treadwell didn't endanger folks who didn't know any better that I'm aware of."

His girlfriend I believe falls into that category.

26-Aug-15
Call me an incentive sob all you want. But if a person is going to play with fire they better expect to get burnt sooner or later. In this case it was much worse.

26-Aug-15
I'm with Fulldraw....

Too much sensitivity got this guy into his own mess....

26-Aug-15
Newspaper reports said the lion baited the area with women an Alcohol.

26-Aug-15
so does this somehow make us feel better in that this "proves" that these animals are wild and dangerous?

Not sure why since the issue in the first place was that the lion that was killed was killed illegally, by a poacher, without ethtics, etc.

if that was true then it only means a wild and dangerous animal was killed illegally, by a poacher, without ethtics, etc. and not that a friendly animal was killed illegally, by a poacher, without ethtics, etc.

in the end the issues that made people irate about the killing remain regardless of how may people die. it's just ridiculous that the new focused more on the lion than the human.

26-Aug-15
The BIGGER issue is about to hit.

They are going to decide the fate of the lion and if they follow basic management practices will be killed.

The uproar is going to start again from the antis.

However, this time the animal right people are going to look stupid because most Americans believe if a human dies the animal should be put down.

Should be interesting.

27-Aug-15
"The uproar is going to start again from the antis."

The antis of what. it won't be done from hunting so the anti-hunter voice won't be there. maybe general animal rights activists.

27-Aug-15
That nasty lion, lay down his spoor,to deliberately entice this site seer from his safe haven, and then deliberately attacked him. Then the lion went off to brag about his conquest. All of the other lions rediculed their brother lion because they all knew the man had no chance to escape this terrible execution. Law of the jungle? LAW OF THE JUNGLE!!

27-Aug-15
That nasty lion, lay down his spoor,to deliberately entice this site seer from his safe haven, and then deliberately attacked him. Then the lion went off to brag about his conquest. All of the other lions rediculed their brother lion because they all knew the man had no chance to escape this terrible execution. Law of the jungle? LAW OF THE JUNGLE!!

27-Aug-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
You are spot on Bou! How many museums do antis protest against? None! They kill thousands of animals just to stuff them with cotton and stick them in drawers. Here's a picture of dead owls. Just the front row in the drawer and the first drawer. How many dead owls or lion skulls does a museum need.

27-Aug-15
i have news for u the antis would threaten the bx zoo years ago i recall upset that the animals were on exhibit ,The Bx zoo has some of the best exhibits i worked on the jungle building , plus there animal hospital is top notch Antis act like somebody pissed in there cheerios every day.

27-Aug-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
Im sure the antis wont be loving this one Walt Palmer and cecil

27-Aug-15
Yes they removed the remains of both Treadwell and his girl companion from the grizzly stomach

Up until that fatal encounter he was getting some fantastic video !

• Sitka Gear