MathewsMan 17-Nov-15
StickFlicker 17-Nov-15
Jasper 17-Nov-15
1Arrow 20-Nov-15
1Arrow 20-Nov-15
1Arrow 20-Nov-15
1Arrow 20-Nov-15
17-Nov-15
I have 7 animals that just arrived at my taxidermist. 2 eland, 2 impala, wildebeest, waterbuck, and a bushbuck. I was thinking of a wall pedestal mount or two to mix things up but I'm not 100% sure I'm sold after looking at pics online. For those that have them, are you satisfied? Thanks!

17-Nov-15

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
Here are my pair of Impala, one shoulder mount & one wall pedestal.

I would do a wall pedestal mount of the Bushbuck for sure. Keep in mind Eland mounts are huge.

17-Nov-15

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
I like to mix in a few Wall Pedestals but not too many.

THe Impala is one I did... I like how it is different. I think I have 3 WP mounts out of 20+ in my game room.

17-Nov-15

Here is a closer view

17-Nov-15

Here is where I got the idea for stacking multiple mounts on one Floor Pedestal- I like to build and construct my own pedestal tables and habitat but have my taxidermist do the mounts.

17-Nov-15

Just wanted to provide some ideas... THis photo was from our old house.

17-Nov-15
Wow, I've never heard of anyone taking two Eland on the same trip! Was that a species that just really gets your blood flowing?

As for the topic, I love wall pedestals. You should definitely have some mixed-in for interest.

17-Nov-15
Thanks guys!

Stick, my son and I each killed an eland.

20-Nov-15

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
I just about do everything Shoulder Wall Pedastal now. Love them. Here are a few examples if this gives you ideas.

20-Nov-15

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo

20-Nov-15

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo

20-Nov-15

1Arrow's embedded Photo
1Arrow's embedded Photo
If you ever get a Zebra is the only way to go is a shoulder wall pedastal as it really shows off the shoulder and their stripes and the way their mane sticks straight up like broom bristles. You lose that perspective with a standard shoulder mount and think it just makes them look like a striped horse but the Shoulder Wall Pedastal changes that completely IMO.

Here is a Nilgai which I think looks so much better in a Shoulder Wall Pedastal. Expect about $50 to $75 more per mount for this but it's worth it.

• Sitka Gear